Writing the book...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
I've always thought about writing an amp related book. What sort of information is difficult to find in other books? What subjects are most useful?

There is a lot of info out there IF you have an understanding of electronics and can read schematics. So, a ?Guitar Amp Electronics for Dummies? type of book would be very useful.

I?d like to see diagrams (like the ones you provided in the amp class) next to schematics that explain what?s being shown in the schematic (draw out the signal flow).

I think taking the same approach in your classes (explaining the ?how and whys? without the two day time constraint) would be great in book form!

Reserve a copy for me!
:D

Most of the classic amps sounded great because of design quirks or errors.
More often than not, the transformers used were "working" harder than designed with "squishy" power supplies and/or output transformer that were under rated and they sounded great! That would be a great topic.

I know nothing about wiring or electronics. I can wire a one pickup one volume guitar (EVH style). Id love an explanation on how to wire electronics. Just basic stuff for novices like myself.

I agree. You don't need a class to learn that. Each amp is different so you should always go by the manufacturers recommendations or use a bias probe or similar gadget that does not require much technical expertise.