Custom Shop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
After all these years, I am considering starting up the custom build/modification shop again. Not repairs but a place you can make your ideas a reality. sounds like fun?
Thanks
Bruce
[email protected]

Please don't read anything about Egnater into this. FYI, I live in Detroit where I do all the design and prototyping. Our Egnater offices are in California. I just want something new and exciting and the custom work is something I've always enjoyed.

As you probably guessed, I support this as much as possible. That is essentially the same business plan I operate on nowadays and it's VERY gratifying. I totally understand the itch. In fact, we should collaborate on something!

Very cool. Bruce, have you finalized your decisions on making the head switcher yet? features etc...

Still testing the "awesome" balanced/buffer circuit. Going to make a few to send to "the gurus" for their evaluation. Will still be a while. What features would you suggest?

Uuuhhh ..... if I could have the 2 channels on my stock SL module moddet so that the bass and treble response would fit better together I would be in heaven ! :)

Cool ! I was hoping for a 2 channel module with independent controls for each channel - but i want a little more bass on channel one and a little more treble on channel 2 :)

****** Bruce, just as I'm trying to downgrade.

I want a single channel Armageddon preamp, based solely on the Armageddon's lead channel. Rack preamp, that would be the ultimate studio tool for me!

Since we have Bruce's ears (and eyes) here, I'll mention my ideal MTS product which would likely require the master's touch.

I would love to see a marriage of the lunchbox sized Rebel 20 head and the RM22. Essentially a smaller size 20 watt head with the super cool el84 and 6v6 tube mix option. The adjustable wattage is cool, but I'd forgo that to get this head built with 2 module spaces!

And I think there are more folks I than just myself who'd want this.

Along the lines of that rebel head meets RM22 idea. What about 2 blendable class A, single ended circuts with one EL34 and one 6L6. About 12 watts per side or about 25 watts with both on full.

A 6V6 Power amp in maybe a 2 or 4 space rack. Around 325 Volts on the plates? Kinda lika DeLuxe? Maybe x2 stereo with the option to shut down 1 side?

Hernando04 said:
Along the lines of that rebel head meets RM22 idea. What about 2 blendable class A, single ended circuts with one EL34 and one 6L6. About 12 watts per side or about 25 watts with both on full.

This idea sounds badass!!!

Great news Bruce
Would it take much to make the EG3/4 be closer to the original channel 3 on the IE4 on both channels - it was always my favourite.

LunatiBSW said:
Hernando04 said:

I'll buy one right now!

JayDA said:
LunatiBSW said:
Hernando04 said:

I'll buy one right now!

Actually that'd be pretty awesome

I've been saying it for years. Would be cool to have solid state and tube rectification options on an RM4/RT2/50 rig to add some sag. I know this is pretty much unicorn's puking rainbows territory tho! :)