Midi chained of RM4 and/or M4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktno78

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I want to chained in midi two rm4 or a rm4 and a M4

If the midi thru is a real one you just have to choose different channel for all the MTS preamp and you can switch all wtih only a serial connection with midi

(pedal board to rm4-1 in , rm4-1 thru to rm4-2 in with rm4-1 on channel 16 and rm4-2 on channel 15)

The questions are about the power send in the midi

What phamtom power do i choose with the switch (S2-1 and S2-2)

Is it possible to switch off the phamtom power to not have it in any midi pins (i think it would be more secure) by put the both off ?

Thanks for your experiment answers

I thought under normal switch settings, pin 6 and 7 (bottom 2) are for PP
which you can configure to 1/3 (the ones above 6/7)

either way, I believe the midi OUT 1/3 on the RMs are not connected
(midi data just goes to top 3 pins: 2/4/5 and doesn't need the other 4 pins)

gcpmidiout.gif

though I'm not 100% sure since the rm7 has a 7-pin thru-jack

Many midi devices only require three pins and supply power on the other two. To cut cost many cable companies only connect 3 of the 5 pins. Make sure you have the 5 pin full connect cables if needed.

I have the Egnater M4 and I run the 7 pin cable from my Ground Control Pro to the M4 which supplies power to my GCP. Then just Daisy chain out the M4 to any other midi devices needed.

I think that if i put the S2-1 and S2-2 at off they will be no phantom power in the pin

Is there somewhere anything about how works the internal switch of the rm1250 to choose the midi channel too ?