Morley line level shifter

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjames

Reaction score
Just picked up a Morley Ebtech line level shifter and after many reviews on this forum I was getting a bit scepticle. I get the best tone with my modules master around 1:00 to 2:00 and obviously this clipped the hell out of the fx loop on my RM100. Happy to say the line level shifter did it's job and the fx sound wonderful with no clipping. I mainly use TC, Keeley, Electro Harmonics, Budda, 70's MXR and 80's Boss and DOD fx and they all sound great. I've heard that some of these units are wired in reverse but mine is correct and definitely solved my issue. I know some people can't get them to work and all I can say is it works great for me. I'll never know why these amps weren't designed with a level control to adjust the loop for each individuals needs, or many of the great amps today for that matter.

thats awesome man, i just bought one for mine, could you do me a favour though please? I run my modules level almost full, does it still clip then? Cause i just bought one and now i'm worried! Cheers mate!

Tbag said:
thats awesome man, i just bought one for mine, could you do me a favour though please? I run my modules level almost full, does it still clip then? Cause i just bought one and now i'm worried! Cheers mate!

I have an ebtech unit, which I'm pretty sure is the same thing just relabeled. In any case, I prefer my mods around 3 o'clock, and that clipped the hell out of both a rocktron intellifex & an eventide h9, both set to 'line level' (input gain at minimum). The ebtech helped, but didn't solve the issue. So, depending on your fx, you will most likely clip them @ full mod volume. Granted, I'm speaking of the serial loop. Fx work fine for me with the ebtech in the parallel loop for whatever reason...