Using RM1250 without speaker/dummy load

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktno78

Reaction score
I have a rm1250 that i find great but i used it only as a preamp and the sound is going directly with the play out ot my 2/50/2

The question is that it's not good for a power amp to be up without speaker behind

So do you thing i may put a dummy load like this http://www.k4eaa.com/dummy.html behind to secure the power amp inside or is there no problem to use it without speaker

You need a load connected to any tube amp when it's in use, period. The load shown in the link you posted is terrifying to me as a technician. That is the most round-about way of making what should be a very simple load.

Jaded Faith said:
You need a load connected to any tube amp when it's in use, period. ..quote]

BS. Just pull the output tubes, or put it on standby, or leave the master volume at zero. What ever you do, just make shure you dont send a large signal to the output trannie without a load.

If you dont feel confident , another cheap solution is a 10watt 47 Ohm resistor as a load.

I understand what you wrote but if i let as standbye or the master at 0 i"ve got no signal at the slave out (designed as to be the power amp link)

So where do i found the signal ? Must i use the fx loop ?

Yes, sorry, offcourse, use the FX loop output. Since you need to make sure the output stage carries no signal, the slave out wont work.

If you want to use the slave output, you need a proper load connected(e.g. not a 47Ohm 10w resistor, but a real speaker, or load-box).

So if i put a load box as a koch

http://www.koch-amps.com/lb120-loadbox.html

Without any speaker after, i'm just going to product warm in my studio but it's protect the power amp

And my rm1250 will work as three rm4 ...

And so i will not have the common master of the RM4 because the master of the rm1250 will be disactived

Sorry to be so heavy :oops: