RM4 and RT2/50 midi - pain in the rear

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
So I couldn't get my rack to switch via midi. Ended up having to take both of them apart. Of course, the info provided in the manuals was wonderful.

NOT.

I had to take what seemed like three dozen screws on the preamp to get to the dip switch. Why they couldn't have just put an access panel or something on there is beyond me. I know it's a 'set once and forget' kinda thing, but if so, why wasn't it set from the factory?

The power amp had the same issue, but to get to the dip switches I had to take the entire midi board loose (with the two screws next to the midi in and thru jacks) and there was an extra two dip switch there also. I turned it on, and it works, so I'm not going to mess with it any more.

Everything works ok now, but I blew a few hours that I didn't really have last night messing with this. I sure wish the documentation was a little better.

Pete

I feel your pain.

When I was taking all those **** screws off of my RM4, it seemed like half of them stripped in the process. I didn't even put them all back when I reassembled it.

Randall's factory default setting for the MIDI and the degree of difficulty to change it are both ridiculous.

I think the Egnater preamp has dip swithc access from the rear pannel :) I dont know why randall didn't do this. Yes, thier manual sucks... you might as well not even read it. Did you know that the MTS heads and preamps have a mute feature? its controlled by a midi message (CC# 86???) but they never explain that in the manual. I think I read it on a review from Harmony Central. I tried it and it works.

cody