After 3 years just picked up an RT2/50 again!Any1 still use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbag

Reaction score
Hey guys, long timer here, after a long time away from MTS but still having the goods in my studio i've picked up another RT2/50, which was one regrettable sale I must say I made when I sold it back then.

Anyways, just wondering if any peeps are still using it? I have 2 RM100's, but it seems people are preferring the RM100's over rack, or have I got it wrong?

This will be permanently installed in my studio for guitars when recording bands etc, using a Torpedo live (with new firmware which is the tits!)

Is there still love for rack?

Cheers,

Plenty of folks here, or of those who remain I should say (been pretty quiet the last 9 months or so), use rack systems. I'm still rocking the RM100, but only thing that keeps me from going rack is the $...

Ahhh awesome, i had an RM4/RT2:50/BOSSGTPRO rig which was just flawless which I gigged extensively for years, moved into other things and have just recently fallen back to rack, hahah, beats me!

I only buy rack equipment. That way I can get more equiment in a small space. BTW rack preamp are cheaper than Heads.

I have received my RT2-50 just a week ago or so. Got the Midi thing sorting out and I am setting it up now with my RM4 and Intellifex.

To me the RT2-50 is a very nice power amp, with totaly unique features.

I still have your old Mesa 100/100 Ty and use it in the jam room daily.
It slays with almost all mods I put thru it.

Looking back I regret going rack sometimes. In 1989-1990 I faced the decision in an SanFran music store between a new Boogie Mark IIC combo and a Boogie studio preamp, 50/50 power amp and (2) 1x12 Thiele cabs. I went the rack route and I've always thought how cool it would have been to own that combo. Once you go rack you tend to get one more piece and then you're farther down that road. Or as she said,"once you go rack you never go back". On the other hand I still have those 1x12 thiele cabs with EVM12L speakers and about 30 rack spaces of gear.

I love my RT2/50!
I simply love being able to switch between
my 6L6S and EL34s per preset.
I love my RM4!
4 channels is great.
I've never been happier with my tone.

I've always had mine. I put the RM4 and the RT2/50 into two separate Gator
short hard cases which made them much easier to use.

I have an RM4 with a Carvin TS100 which I use when there is enough room for my stereo rig, which is my preferred rig. I also have an RM4 in my studio into a Torpedo which as you say, is the tits.