Hard to find RM22 Heads

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOL100

Reaction score
Hey, folks.

Can anyone tell me why it's so hard to come across an RM22 head? I've been a fan of the modular system since it came out but only recently actually bought my first modular head. Now that I'm hooked (typical), I've been looking for an RM22 for recording and small gig duties. Now I know Australia never had a big market for these amps but surely someone want to let one go!!

Good luck finding one in Oz man I never saw any anywhere and when one popped up on eBay in Sydney I snavelled it and that was years ago and haven't seen one since.
I must say they are an awesome little head too

They are hard to come by in Canada too. I've been looking. Maybe Bruce will put something out!

$1k is just ridiculous. Especially seeing as there are RM100 heads for less than $400USD. I can't understand what the reason for price jacking is other than scarcity. It certainly isn't in a "booteek" league of it's own, i'm sure.

Just a feeler and there is no promise I will sell, but would you be interested in my personal RM22 for around $1000 plus shipping? It was new-in-box last year (I bulk-purchased the last USA MTS stock directly from Randall in 2013) and I opened it only to send the transformers to Mercury Magnetics for R&D. This unit has the prototype set of my custom Mercury transformers and a choke added, which the stock unit doesn't have. It's about as killer of an RM22 as you could ever find. Email me if you are interested. I'm not looking to sell it, but the right offer could sway me.

TOL100 said:
$1k is just ridiculous. Especially seeing as there are RM100 heads for less than $400USD. I can't understand what the reason for price jacking is other than scarcity. It certainly isn't in a "booteek" league of it's own, i'm sure.

I'd ignore ebay prices for the main - anyone thinking they are getting $1K for a stock Randall RM22 is a fantasist of the highest order!

Yes they are harder to come by, I think because they were released late into Randall MTS venture so there are probably less of them in existence.

I don't think this amp was designed by Bruce either, but it sure would be nice if he adopted it, converted the footswitch IC to a proper MIDI implementation and released it as part of the new range.

Other than the stupid footswitch system I love mine, fine little amp for small gigs!