Amp kits??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
Thinking of offering versions of the amp class amps in kit form. Estimating they would sell for $900 - $1200 depending on model, options, cabinet etc. Any interest, ideas or suggestions?

I think it would be a great idea. I do think an included handbook of vacuum tube theory as taught in your classes would be ideal. For some of us it's more the time away from work and the travel and hotel expense that make it difficult to attend. When I retire it's right up there on the list of things to do.
(2-3 years)

kc2eeb said:
I think it would be a great idea. I do think an included handbook of vacuum tube theory as taught in your classes would be ideal.

This. Documentation for the build process would be a must; not necessarily hand-holding, but for those of us that can use a soldering iron just fine but need the do's-dont's-and-here's-why about amp guts.

kc2eeb said:
For some of us it's more the time away from work and the travel and hotel expense that make it difficult to attend.

And this.

I'd love to take the class, but the travel and cost is a bit prohibitive. Not that it wouldn't be worth it, just not feasible for me right now.
I've been looking at kits from other ampmakers, but Egnater variations would be awesome.

Off topic, but how do you find out about class offerings? For some reason this just came up on my radar and I would be interested, but obviously have to save. Sounds like a great experience.