The big selloff

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
Is it just a coincidence that there has been a major MTS selloff trend since the official confirmation from Synergy Amps that the new products will happen?

I doubt it's a coincidence. everyone here is a gear addict and I'm sure eager to try the new stuff. I'm keeping everything I have though and waiting for the 20 watt rack. and maybe a preamp or two. I can;t imagine the new mods will sound much better than what I have. If they do then I'll look into it then.

In the meanwhile......there are some interesting deals to be had

Been wondering the same thing. I'm doubling down on MTS myself...I love how my rigs sound...I am curious how Synergy will sound and will surely buy it....But I don't see getting rid of some of the mods I have in my personal collection ever...

There's still new stuff coming out too which is a tough sell with all the Synergy talk....But I tell ye, the new Salvation mods are crazy good!!

We are a community with shared GAS...some more so than others.

I'm happy with my modules and have 2 that have been waiting for $ and am definitely getting them modded as long as we have JF and Salvation to rely on.

Synergy is very interesting, but I can't see replacing what my mods do (maybe I'm wrong, I can imagine Buddha and such joining this group, but who knows. Price will factor of course as well.)

I will say that I'm very interested in the SYN2 and the 1U power amp. Being a rack guy, having a lighter solution that takes less space is very appealing.
I'm good on modules but if a loaded SYN2 is a good deal you never know.

Definitely gonna grab a SYN2 and some Friedman modules if possible....it's what I always wanted rather than the MOD50.

I fully expect older stuff will drop in value even more when Synergy launch.....even though there's no reason....the modded modules won't sound any less fantastic...they just won't be 'new' and 'official' (they never have been the latter except in rare cases.)

Per supply and demand... If synergy brings in a measurable amount of new converts (hope so for their sake, as that is the idea here), then there will be a significant increase in demand for modules, amps, etc. Demand up, supply flat, prices up... Econ 101. I am holding on to my stuff that I want to sell until the synergy stuff comes out. If it's even slightly successful, expect the sale prices to go back up to where they were before this slump!

Clarity" is where the current stuff will lose out to the new stuff. JF tranny swaps are what made his amps more clear but i don't see a lot of people going that route. Transformers DO make a difference and swapping them out, you hear it. I doubt a foglifter or MDA board solves this issue. Personally, I am thinking of selling my Lynchbox and a few modules and picking up a SYN1 to run through the loop of my JCM800's when they come out. I know those two amps have clear and huge sounding power sections, just looking for some flavour on the front end.

At what kind volume does that clarity and punch kick in though?

I have a LB with the Mercury Trannies...it's OK. I wouldn't pay the $ to have transformers retrofitted but then it's hardly a livelihood thing for me.

JF trannies are tweaked versions of the Mercury most like.

Not sure.. All I know is that side by side, I can't get the clarity and bite I get out of my marshals, from the LB. I have put the pre section of my LB through my 800 power section using the loop and loading down the LB and I found it better. As such, I can only conclude that the power section and trannie were to blame. If you are saying it was not night and day, then I am not sure what the heck the reason for the woofiness or lack of clarity might be! I have a hard time imagining that the presence circuit would do this..?

Kapo_Polenton said:
Not sure.. All I know is that side by side, I can't get the clarity and bite I get out of my marshals, from the LB. I have put the pre section of my LB through my 800 power section using the loop and loading down the LB and I found it better. As such, I can only conclude that the power section and trannie were to blame. If you are saying it was not night and day, then I am not sure what the heck the reason for the woofiness or lack of clarity might be! I have a hard time imagining that the presence circuit would do this..?

Dunno man, all I know is JCM800s are legendary :)