Need advice RM22 hdx with false description buy it or not

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppazin

Reaction score
Few days ago, I bided for Randall RM22 HDX head and I won.

In description of auction, shop wrote that one module (XTC) is missing, and amp has only DLX module, so they warning that amp has distortion module and doesn't have clean module.

I am fine with that because distortion is all that I need, BUT, after I won I check description of modules on internet, and apparently it has Deluxe module based on the preamp circuit of a Fender Blackface Deluxe, and XTC module based on the preamp circuit of a Bogner Ecstasy red channel is missing.
Now they assure me that DLX module has distortion, but I am not sure what to do. Price is good. But I feel cheated. I think that head actually has clean clean module and doesn't have distortion module, and that's quite opposite of what they are claiming.
Should I buy it or not?

seems you may have neglected to do your research. DLX stands for Deluxe. XTC stands for Ecstasy. seems the description was correct.

just get yourself another module. these amps are hard to come by.

I am still researching. In description there was written in bold that amp has no clean just distortion canal. I ask them afterwards did they make mistake in description and they still claiming that DLX is distortion module. Is it right?

I've got a deluxe and it can get dirty with the distortion up. Maybe that's how they used it. Probably not really a distortion sound probably more Overdrive.

The Deluxe module is actually a really good mod in my option.

So, if most 2 canal amps has clean and distortion canal, would you considering that XTC is clean and DLX is distortion canal, like shop is claiming?

XTC cannot be considered a clean module by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not a big problem.
Sell the deluxe module and buy a module with heavier distortion if you're only going to be using one module.

Most likely, you're going to need another module anyway, so just buy an XTC or SL+ module or something.

If you don't want the amp I'll buy it - been looking for an RM22

I would be careful. I bought a Randall rm50 thinking is easily sell it on if i didn't like it but I literally can not give the thing away at the moment. Is not that easy to just sell a module

Do you like sound of it?
If I buy it I will have just Deluxe modul, and will have to buy some of modded modules. They recomend Rockmod module.

Shop is selling NOS amps, but with just DLX module, so other slot is empty. I am not sure how many amps they have for selling, is it one or more, but they do not have any other modules beside DLX. So they advertising RM22 with just one module, and Combo RM20 without any module( only slot empty? ). So I am not able to buy any other module from them.