Lowering the volume of your amp....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I thought I'd just make a quick post on the subject. While I look around for someone to mod one channel of my RT2/50 for 1/2 power switch I have been enjoying lowered volumes with full sound, I may decide against the mod after all

I have 1x12 cabinet with the Eminence Maverick FDM speaker. I had tried Yellow Jackets with EL843's at first but didn't like the sound, way to thin, all the heft was gone....so the Maverick and my normal tubes......

The speaker really lowers the volume with very minimal loss of highs that can easily be dialed back in.

While this setup doesn't come near my other 2x12's in fullness of sound, the Maverick allows me to use the amp's master volume to dial in my actual gig or practice tone at very reasonable levels and the sound is very good.

I bought the Maverick FDM speaker when it first came out and it's been in my RM50 ever since. Works great!

i know it's an expensive option, but I have been using a fryette power station for getting volume levels down and it sounds pretty amazing. I have no complaints at all and I can use it for silent recording as well. It's been super handy.