Rm50 vs RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombieskank

Reaction score
Is there a tonal, or characteristic difference in the rm50 and rm100? Is it just midi, the extra slot, and louder? Does the increased headroom translate to a difference in how the modules react?

zombieskank said:
Is there a tonal, or characteristic difference in the rm50 and rm100? Is it just midi, the extra slot, and louder? Does the increased headroom translate to a difference in how the modules react?

The low end grunt of the RM100 is vastly different to the RM50, I kind of feel it has a much harder/harsher tone too.

When you get them up in volume, they get closer but the RM100 has more headroom of course...it still feels stiffer to play and out thumps the 50.

I think a lot will vary depending upon setup. I’d say they are fairly close volume wise. The 100 does offer more headroom but you can dial them both in at reasonable volumes to dish up the goods.

I think you could find speaker/tube selection, making slight changes to levels on the amp/module, etc could bring both to the same qualities.