Electric shock from SYN-1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synergy buyer

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought this unit, and while playing around it was giving me little shocks when touching it. I tried swapping modules, same thing. After about 10 minutes, it gave me a big jolt, leaving me shaken, and too scared to turn it on again.

I'm using the included power cable. Using the same cables for my 100w head, pedal board etc. which I've never had issues before. So I suspect there's a problem with the unit itself. Has anyone else experienced this with their Synergy unit, or SYN-1 specifically?

Yikes! I'd take back to where you bought it asap for exchange or return. If you bought used & can't return, take to an amp tech for repair, consider contacting Synergy for recommendations. Don't plug in or power on until addressed, not worth getting killed.

Edit - also would check outlet where you have plugged in & test the ground is working properly.

I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but you did screw the thumb screws on the module into the SYN, correct?

Lespauled said:
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but you did screw the thumb screws on the module into the SYN, correct?

Hah. I did not use the thumb screws. Is that what stops from getting shocked?

Well, I tried using the thumbscrews. It still starts to shock me after it's been on for a couple minutes. The shocks come from the SYN-1 itself, or when I touch a metal switch on the plexi I have it connected to. When I power off the SYN-1, the shock problem goes away. It happens with all 4 modules.