Weird distortion on clean

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebobl

Reaction score
On my Egnater Mod 100, I've been noticing weird distortion on clean modules. When the notes decay, there's a fuzzy buzzing sound. I don't notice it at all with distorted modules, but I can't get any of my clean modules (Loneclean and VX30) to sound right without having them break up.

I changed out my power tubes and rebiased them, still having the issue. Has anyone ever dealt with this?

I bought the head used, and I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with it. It's as if the clean signal won't pass cleanly.

Wondering if I should send it out to Rob at Jaded Faith, or if anyone has a solution. Thanks so much!

I did some more troubleshooting this afternoon. It looks like the noise was digital clipping in the series effects loop. When I changed out my delay pedal from a TC Electronics Flashback, my other pedal couldn't quite handle the signal, even with an Ebtech Line Level Shifter in the loop. I changed back to the Flashback and the distortion is gone.

Spoke too soon. The distortion seems to be back. Weird that it's intermittent. It sucks when you buy used gear and find out there's a problem later on!