So when will the RM4->M4 upgrade be available?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuSkoolTone

Reaction score
It's been mentioned an upgrade is being worked on to make your RM4 accept the dual channel modules.

Just curious if:
-Is this actually going to happen and WHEN?
-Cost? (I think I read about $300)
-Will it be user installable? (Assuming you have a LITTLE background) I assume it's probably just a new back plane board where you just switch the headers right? Would that reduce the upgrade cost from the $300 if the user installed it? Would love not having to ship her out.

I thought I read somewhere that this mod was only going to be available for the RM100.

srommes said:
I thought I read somewhere that this mod was only going to be available for the RM100.

Yup...they said the plan was only for the RM100.

MJ82 said:
srommes said:

Rats! SO much for that plan. Too bad, I don't want to shell out for an M4 (I prefer having the fx loops available and don't WANT to buy a switchblade or GCX to have the same functionality in that regard.

I like the idea of the Mod50 (For the portability), but wish it took more than two modules. I know that's getting greedy saying a 4 channel amp isn't "enough" but isn't that kind of the POINT with these amps?

NuSkoolTone said:
MJ82 said:
srommes said:

Rats! SO much for that plan. Too bad, I don't want to shell out for an M4 (I prefer having the fx loops available and don't WANT to buy a switchblade or GCX to have the same functionality in that regard.

I like the idea of the Mod50 (For the portability), but wish it took more than two modules. I know that's getting greedy saying a 4 channel amp isn't "enough" but isn't that kind of the POINT with these amps?

+1000
Same reason why i haven't ordered one either. I couldn't do with less than 3 modules and effects loop. While i would love to have an mhg, sl2 or td, i guess i'm just gonna have to wait for the mod and hopefully they make it user-friendly, like you mentioned, since shipping this 70lb little monster won't be entertaining and it will surely make me think twice about doing it.

We are trying very hard to get the single space module add on ready for Winter NAMM. Basically, it will make your MOD 50 4 modules and control the switching functions of the head. So dump the pedal board and add a Repliflex to your single space Egnater single space module carrier and all it good!

Yep, I've got my M4 all ready to ship and when it returns from surgery it will be an M4 dual channel Series/ Parallel loop fire breathing rack preamp. .....LOL

H

seeker said:
Yep, I've got my M4 all ready to ship and when it returns from surgery it will be an M4 dual channel Series/ Parallel loop fire breathing rack preamp. .....LOL

H

Hey, assuming this wasn't a joke what does that cost?

Being that the original M4 and RM4 are pretty much the same AFAIK...

The last time I heard the price was around $300 from Bruce on the Rig-Talk site . They were working on the boards for the upgrade, but their current production takes priority.

Howard

Some clarifications:

1) The only Randall model that is a candidate to modify to accept the 2 channel Egnater modules is the RM100. Not the RM50 or RM4. The modification is not available at this time but should be within the next couple of months.
2) We are working on a single space, 2 module rack/expander. It will serve as either a normal 2 module rack chassis or, it has some additional signal routing capability that allows you to 'patch" it in to your existing MOD50 or MOD100 and basically add two more modules all accessible with any midi pedal.
3) We made the decision to remove the loops from the M4 preamp a few years ago because:
A) No matter how we configured the loops, series/parallel, pedal/line level, stereo/mono.....players always wanted something different than what it was....so we simply removed them. We felt there are so many different ways to configure your rack system that the loops were sort of redundant PLUS....we heard the comment enough times that the pre loop output sounded better than the post loop outputs. It also gave us the space to move the midi setup switches to the rear panel.

bruce egnater said:
2) We are working on a single space, 2 module rack/expander. It will serve as either a normal 2 module rack chassis or, it has some additional signal routing capability that allows you to 'patch" it in to your existing MOD50 or MOD100 and basically add two more modules all accessible with any midi pedal.

:shock: Must start saving...

Will this "additional signal routing capability" work with the M4? Sorry...I had to ask...I have an extra space to fill and 12 channels would rule.