Rackmountable heads

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskpsmesane

Reaction score
Im still getting used to all of the rack info and rackmountable things. Iv seen a lot of people have their head on the rack at the bottom which i guess would be called a rackmountable head. Are all heads rackmountable and does it just matter on the rack you buy to fit it on there?

you can buy a rolling ATA/Road Case that has space for a Head at the bottom and 4,6,8,10,12 Space Racks on top of them. No need to actually rack mount the Head

Hey muskpsmesane,

I would just recommend getting a road case for your amp head and either a 6 or 8 space rack case to house your power conditioner, effects, tuner, noise gate, etc. Far easier to transport and move around yourself. Considering if you play out, you'll have to haul the amp head, effects rack case, guitar cabinet, MIDI pedalboard and guitars. You want everything lightweight & portable.

I also own a 20 space monster guitar rack system that is killer sounding, but is not so fun moving around by yourself when the show is over. :shock: Believe me, I know from experience. The amp roadcase/effects rack will be quite heavy to move around and you'll need a van or a truck with a ramp to load it up. :( Think about what you want before you spend good money on rack cases.

Guitar George