Egnater Module Slot Order in Randall RM50B

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relaxo

Reaction score
I'm new to MTS amps and modules and looking to purchase this week. I was reading someone's post about the Randall RM20B:

"Takes egnater modules (channel A only) as well as the Randall modules."

Does that mean that Egnater modules can only be used in the 1st slot of a Randall RM50B two channel amp? Is this true? Are there any other rules like this regarding modules in certain slots?

Or does it mean that Egnater modules can only use the first of their two internal channels in the Randall RM20B. That would be terrible.

Thanks

The newer Egnater modules are dual channel modules (they have 2 gain and 2 volume controls). Randall so far only produces single channel modules. If you place a dual channel Egnater module in any Randall gear, the midi switching only allows you to access the lower gain channel of the the dual channel module. This can be changed (by a tech) so that you can only access the higher gain channel.
However, in the not too distant future, Randall will be releasing an upgrade to the RM100 head (circuit board upgrade) which will allow it to access both channels in the Egnater modules. It has been announced that the RM100 is the only Randall product that will be able to be upgraded.
Cheers

But the newer Egnater modules with dual channel modules (w/ 2 gain and 2 volume controls) can still be MANUALLY (not midi) switched between channels in the RM100, RM50, RM20 and RM4 slots, correct?

No...only the first channel is accessible with Randall gear, you have to mod the module if you want channel 2...but it's still just one or the other. MIDI or manual...doesn't make a difference.

Jeff can modify the two channel Egnater modules and make the normally non-accessible 'second' channel the 'first' channel so that it's accessible instead on Randall gear.

Send him a message>
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72

However, in the not too distant future, Randall will be releasing an upgrade to the RM100 head (circuit board upgrade) which will allow it to access both channels in the Egnater modules. It has been announced that the RM100 is the only Randall product that will be able to be upgraded.

I just want to clarify that Bruce will be offering this as a mod to the RM100's. We haven't made plans yet to have this done at the factory. Maybe one day, but not yet.

Not that it applies to the original post or anything, but the last I heard was that this mod was only going to be available for the RM100's.

Looks like the RM20 and RM50 get no dual channel love...
I posted on the Egnater forums about when this RM100 mod is going to be available, but I haven't heard back yet.

jimosity said:
Not that it applies to the original post or anything, but the last I heard was that this mod was only going to be available for the RM100's.

Looks like the RM20 and RM50 get no dual channel love...
I posted on the Egnater forums about when this RM100 mod is going to be available, but I haven't heard back yet.

I'm surprised there's no upgrade for the RM4! You would think this would be an easy swap from a production M4? I think it'd sell like hotcakes!

I'm considering several options for my next "move" amp wise. Going Egnater was one of them, but I'm considering dumping the MTS stuff. It's cool, but I'm liking my traditional amps better. If I could upgrade my RM4 to dual channel for a reasonable cost I'd jump on it. To essentially start from scratch on the hopes that I like it THAT much better than the Randall stuff is just too big a leap of faith for me. There's no local Egnater dealers and I'm not crazy about blowing a couple hundred (Probably $100 each way) on shipping just to try it out.

I have one single channel Egnater that I like, but I read the 2 channels sound a bit different and that's where I'd want to go.

I'm surprised there's no upgrade for the RM4! You would think this would be an easy swap from a production M4? I think it'd sell like hotcakes!

:shock: We can't keep the RM4's in stock as it is!!!
:lol:
That would be killer though.

That **** Linkin Park .did they really need 35 RM4,s..

thats just greedy ..