Did they improve the parallel loop on the Mod50?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuSkoolTone

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an RM4 with the parallel loop, and wen out the preloop out right to the amp the other day. WOW , just like Bruce said it's more open and just a better tone, but then fx go bye bye! Though I could use the series loop I suppose. I can see why they chose to omit the loop in the newer M4 though

My question is the parallel loop on the mod50 exactly like the one on the RM4 or has been imporved to not "tone-suck"?

You should read the MOD50 manual section about the loops. You can download it from egnater.com
Most often how you set up/program the effects unit (levels, mix etc.) is the cause for "bad sound" in a parallel loop. There is a bit to know about the specific differences between a series loop and a parallel one.

Egnater

bruce egnater said:
You should read the MOD50 manual section about the loops. You can download it from egnater.com
Most often how you set up/program the effects unit (levels, mix etc.) is the cause for "bad sound" in a parallel loop. There is a bit to know about the specific differences between a series loop and a parallel one.

Egnater

Wow! Bruce!

Thanks for your reply.

I do have a firm grasp on parallel vs. serial loops. The FX are 100% wet so there are no phase issues with the original signal. Perhaps it's my FX that are just coloring things in a "bad" way, but I remember you commenting on how the pre loop output was more "open"m sounding etc...when you were asked about why it was omitted from the Dual Channel M4.

I love the convenience of the parallel loop, but it seemed to compromise the tone a bit. I don't have any mega$$$$ processors here that are "Transparent" to use as a control, so hard to say it is the loop or the FX...

Is the design of the parallel loop on the Mod50 the same, similar or completely different (Assuming there's only so many ways to skin this type of cat) ?