RM4 tube shields (not modules)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the RM4 still come with the tube shield/covers for the 3 tubes on the rear?

I saw a RM4/RT250 on ebay without the tube shields and asked the guy if he had them, but took them off for display purposes.

After inquiring about them and telling him my RM4 has them and every other one I'd seen has them, he told me I was a know it all ******* and he's a Randall dealer and you won't find the MTS line having any tube shields.

I thought I'd ask here figuring I'd get the truth.

Thanks,
Scott

I bought mine new a few years ago and theres no shields. Actually it showed up without tubes too :)

Drew said:
I bought mine new a few years ago and theres no shields. Actually it showed up without tubes too :)

No tubes? That doesn't smell good. Wouldn't you expect to at least get tubes with it?...LOL.

Anyhow, I think the guy got a little defensive. I just told him what I know and what I thought I knew.

Scott

mesa-vht said:
Drew said:

No tubes? That doesn't smell good. Wouldn't you expect to at least get tubes with it?...LOL.

Anyhow, I think the guy got a little defensive. I just told him what I know and what I thought I knew.

Scott

Imagine my disappointment :) Randall and Music123 were great though. I had tubes 2 days later :lol:

The RM4 I have does not have the shields but my RM100 does. I'll have to take a look at the office tommorow. I thin we have a bunch waiting to be tested.

Can you PM me this "dealers" name?

I had two RM4s - one had shields, one didn't. Both were bought on the used market though.

Even if you were wrong it does not warrant his behaviour. I would not buy anything from him and I would report his abusive language to eBay, if he did indeed call you an *******. If he flies off the handle about just being asked a question he shouldn't bother selling on eBay. I'v been asked a lot of stupid questions when selling. It's part of the deal. Nothing to get worked up about. Avoid him.

3 Mile Stone said:
Even if you were wrong it does not warrant his behaviour. I would not buy anything from him and I would report his abusive language to eBay, if he did indeed call you an *******. If he flies off the handle about just being asked a question he shouldn't bother selling on eBay. I'v been asked a lot of stupid questions when selling. It's part of the deal. Nothing to get worked up about. Avoid him.

I agree, totally. I reacted to it by coming here for the truth, but as time has gone by I realized that the whole thing is not worth getting worked up about. Reporting him to ebay was the first thing I thought of and haven't done it. Not only did he call me an *******, he said things about the MTS line that just aren't true. Another reason I got upset is because I just recently got a bit screwed on a purchase I made on ebay and I'm still in the process of dealing with that.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Alright, after tracking down one of our guys here He was able to fill me in. When RM4's were made overseas they were shipped w/ the tube shields. Since production of these has moved here they do not ship w/ the shields. So if it's a newer RM4 that this "dealer" is selling, it wouldn't have come w/ them. I'm not sure why we don't put these on now.

RD/Rich said:
When RM4's were made overseas they were shipped w/ the tube shields. Since production of these has moved here they do not ship w/ the shields.

Wow. Anyone else notice that this is the first time in a long time that you heard about production being moved from overseas to here! :p

Latest posts