rm50 vs rm50b

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogguitar

Reaction score
I just bought a new rm50 yesterday, and wasn't aware that there is a newer model with the rm50b designation. Can anyone tell me the differences if any? Judging from what info I've found on this forum, I think I have one of the more recent ones since it has reverb and a black grill cloth. The reverb plugs into the parallel effects loop. Does the rm50b have the same setup, or is there a dedicated reverb control along with the parallel loop?

Yes they all just say RM50. I had an RM100-S but it only said RM100 on the front panel. No worries, I think it is a cost-cutting move on Randall's part so they can use the same shell for all the models! :D

hogguitar said:
The store did assure me that I have the latest model. Do they just call it the 50B but not put it on the nameplate?
That's correct, Hogguitar. Most manufacturers have that treatment. Suppose a manufacturer would offer two very similar models, yet different ones, then they might point out the designation clearer if it's not evident to begin with. This I understand is the succeeding model to the RM50, hence it is still an RM50. The B is for techtalk really.

I guess the only reason I was concerned was because I saw the older version RM50 (silver grill cloth, no reverb) for sale on closeout at a couple of online retailers for considerably less than the new ones.

The store that I bought mine from is very reputable, and gave me a great price on the new one compared to other prices I found online for the 50B.