G-major switching with RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rpedgeeooz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I get my RM100 I also wanna get a G-major to accomodate it but I'm pretty clueless with MIDI. I was also thinking about the Rocktron midimate foot controller to switch the G-major presets and amp channels.

What I want out of the switching is 3 switchs to control the amp channels of the RM100 with the added effects for each channels eg. if I wanted a constant clean with delay, going from a distortion channel back to clean with the delay, and the other two control change switchs to control turning on and off effects.

Would this be possible? I'm really new with midi so I have no clue, I just need to know whether it's possible to do or not. Does anyone also have any experiences with running an RM100 with a G-major into some sort of midi controller?

Any help is appreciated and if anyone has any midi tips for me, please go ahead and post :D

EDIT: I also wanna ask about what cabs sound good with the RM100. I'll definately try out some at my local store but what they have is very limited. I'm also not on a very big budget, so when I do, I'll probably buy a used cab. Any suggestions and inquires are appreciated again :D

www.avatarspeakers.com

I got a custom 4x12 closed back cabinet for a great price. I went with vintage 30's on the top and G12H30's on the bottom. I'm very pleased. The guys really know their stuff so just email them and tell them what kind of sound you are looking for and they will make a recommendation. The cabinet is excellent quality and construction and I gig with it about 8 times a month and it is built like a tank.

also see reviews on www.haromony-central.com

Yeah i have about the same questions. I know very little about midi as well. I was also checking out the rocktron xpression. Anyone know how that is and what foot controllers do yall use to control your rm100s and your rack gear?

dovagrove said:
www.avatarspeakers.com

I got a custom 4x12 closed back cabinet for a great price. I went with vintage 30's on the top and G12H30's on the bottom. I'm very pleased. The guys really know their stuff so just email them and tell them what kind of sound you are looking for and they will make a recommendation. The cabinet is excellent quality and construction and I gig with it about 8 times a month and it is built like a tank.

also see reviews on www.haromony-central.com
Yeah I'll check out avatar. They definately seem like a good choice and a lot of their stuff isn't so expensive. Do you have any other experiences with other cabs?