Boss DD-20 delay in the loop?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike361

Reaction score
Hello, I am waiting for the Rm50b to arrive and am trying to educate myself on the use of the effect loops. I have read many post and understand that it is line level. My dd-20 can be switched to +4db and I have done that. My question is does that switch the input and output or just the output level?
Cannot find this answered on the boss site. If anyone knows the answer it would be great. I had a Peavey classic 30 and used it in the loop no problems, but That is of course a different amp. As a soon to be owner I
really appreciate this forum and it has really helped.
PS, The U.P.S co is killing me as my new amp has already sat for 2 days in a wharehouse.. just sitting..doing nothing... :(

Hey Mike the DD-20 should work fine,another member used one on his mod and it has the same loops and it worked great!

The DD-20 worked just fine in the serial or parallel loop of my RM50HB....of course it's not true bypass ... so there is a slight tone change when off.

Thanks, I have a old Peavey Pro-fex that I could use but I would prefer the Boss. If I do use the rack effects, am I ok using instrument cables {guitar}?

Mike361 said:
Thanks, I have a old Peavey Pro-fex that I could use but I would prefer the Boss. If I do use the rack effects, am I ok using instrument cables {guitar}?
In the loops of the rm,yes.

Mike361 said:
My dd-20 can be switched to +4db and I have done that. My question is does that switch the input and output or just the output level?(

I believe that's the input pad.

Hint: Also, set it so output A is dry and output B is wet to run it in the parallel loop.

Amp Send-> Delay In (mono)-> Delay Output B-> Amp return.

Set like this and it doesn't matter that it's not true bypass as the dry signal is not passed, only the wet when the delay is on.

I run my DD-20 at +4 with both my amps in the series FX loops, works great. If it wasn't for the Boss Tremolo and Tuner pedals, I'd try the parallel idea form MarcoR.

What a great idea to use the a, mono b, return. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I will try it different ways to see what sounds best ,but I would not have thought of that.