RM4 / Behringer FCB1010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
anyone use this combo?

can anyone give me some "details" on setting these 2 up?

I may just say screw it and sell the Behringer and buy the original footswitch for the RM4 since Randall is too cheap to include the damned thing, but this is what I have for right now. I'm ONLY running the RM4 and a Mesa 295, so effects and others are not an issue.

Any help will be apppreciated.

I know they have to both be talking on the same Midi channel. Its set inside the RM4 via four little DIP switches. The four switches can be set in binary from 1-16. No way to change that without opening the amp but the Behringer might be easier to program a midi channel switch. I would have to dig through the 1010 manual to tell you more.

I use a Boss GT-8 for Midi and let me tell you... It wasn't fun getting it to talk with my RM100.

I've looked at both manuals..... I'm a MIDI retard, cause it all looks like jiberish to me right now. I need to study some more. I'm gonna sit with it this weekend and try to get them to work together, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had done this could walk me through it. ;)

You are going to have to learn it bro. No way around it. The terminology alone can seem ridiculous and redundant, but you have to understand it.

Basically, once you get the Behringer and RM on the same channel ( only 16 total ) they will begin to work with each other.

It's more frustrating to me, simply because I'm not using any other units but the RM4 and Mesa power amp, and I have this enormous controller to switch 4 channels............

Like I said though, if push comes to shove fuckit, I'll sell the Behringer and buy the 4 button switch. :evil:

trying to get my RM4 and Behringer FCB101 to talk to one and other.
Any help appreciatted.

Make sure they are both on the same midi channel...RM4 usually comes on either channel 1 or 16. Use can get a FCB1010 PC editor that makes changing the midi channel extremely easy at:

http://www.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/Downloads/FCB1010PcEditorInstall.zip

After you set the correct midi channel for your RM4, select a preset on the FCB1010 and select the module on the RM4 you want assigned to that patch and press/hold the channel button on the front of the RM4...

I'm sure there is a better explanation, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Don't you know there is an internet forum for everything? :wink: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/ I'm sure there is probably somebody there that can help you.

If you haven't already done so, you are going to have to open up your RM4 and see where the switches are set. No way around it.

See my thread on this subject from years ago:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=33&highlight=midi

The geniuses at Randall shipped my RM4 with the internal MIDI switches in the "off" position. No amount of fiddling with the Send Channel on a Behringer (or any other) MIDI board will make a difference if the **** switches are set to "off."

Why the hell would they even put an internal "off" switch on a piece of MIDI gear? You just don't plug in a MIDI cable if you don't want to use the MIDI. :idea:

I am having no luck getting my rm4 to accept midi info on any channel. Looks like I may have an rm4 with the midi set to off. Guess I have to take it apart. AAAARGH!