Anybody know anything about an Egnater M2?

Discussion for both Egnater & Randall modular amps

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

unconventional
RM100
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Worcester, MA

Anybody know anything about an Egnater M2?

Post by unconventional » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am

I'm starting to hear a lot about this on the net. I found one pic. Looks to be like 1/2 of an M4, one rack space?

If it's only a 2 module one rack space unit, why all the fuss about it?

Anybody have any insight on this?

audioholic
RM100
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by audioholic » Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am

I guess its exciting because you can add on 2 more mods to retrofit say a mod 50, instead of getting a whole M4, so its just a cheaper way to get a couple more modules into your rig. Small rack space, just a nice middle ground.

unconventional
RM100
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by unconventional » Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 am

No idea what your talking about man.

Juggernaut
RM100
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Amarillo Texas (the wastelands)

Post by Juggernaut » Thu May 29, 2008 12:03 pm

it's a 1 space rack preamp that will accept 2 moules and can be added to the MOD50 easily, or the M4 for more modules choices.....

Image

JKD
Donating Member
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:25 am
Location: NorCal

Post by JKD » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm

It's called the E2....and in addition to the features already mentioned..you can of course use it completely transaparently with another amps FX loop...I believe the switching is included to do that...

A more cost effective way and flexible to get Egnater Modular tones...sweet
Synergy - HBE,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Plexi, ENGL,OS,BB/BE
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual Erect
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD, ERECT
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, GTO, SuperV

audioholic
RM100
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by audioholic » Thu May 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I love the little head case its in on those pics!!! Basically people who like egnater stuff, its a nice way to add to thier rig, if needed, without going overboard with another 4 slot M4. Since Egnater has dual channel modules, it will be 4 channels based off of 2 modules... Just like thier mod 50 head\, which I was in line for, just takes so dang long, so I am going rack road with Randalll.

hilly1212

Post by hilly1212 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Our E2 can be a stand alone 2 module pre amp and a extension to any of our products. It is midi and it has a built in loop switcher allowing you to use the E2 with an amps serial loop. So if you really dig your Crate Blue Voodoo for your rythym tone but want a vox and our EG5. You can do it!

Image going to a gig with 6 bands and you know one band has an amp with a serial loop. You show up with our little E2 plug into his loop, play your set, unplug it and leave!

unconventional
RM100
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by unconventional » Thu May 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Guess it makes sense. I just love the M4 or the RM-4 since I have the Randall version so much, I figured it was going to be something to top that. But why mess with a good thing right?

guitarslinger
RM50
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Post by guitarslinger » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 am

JKD wrote:It's called the E2....and in addition to the features already mentioned..you can of course use it completely transaparently with another amps FX loop...I believe the switching is included to do that...

A more cost effective way and flexible to get Egnater Modular tones...sweet
The E2 chassis the same price as the M4 chassis though.

I think you're paying for its switching ability?
Gene

Egnater Fanboy

tonymustang302
Lynch Box
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Chicago Burbs, IL

Post by tonymustang302 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 am

can i add that to my RM100 and use the XTC in it? Then i will need a midi pedal right for the extra channels?
6505 > Mesa 4x12

Ibanez RG6CEX, Ibanez RG220 (my first guitar 8 years ago) New addition, Ibanez S7320 7



I'm Convinced National City bank is the root of all evil.

JKD
Donating Member
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:25 am
Location: NorCal

Post by JKD » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 am

guitarslinger wrote:
JKD wrote:It's called the E2....and in addition to the features already mentioned..you can of course use it completely transaparently with another amps FX loop...I believe the switching is included to do that...

A more cost effective way and flexible to get Egnater Modular tones...sweet
The E2 chassis the same price as the M4 chassis though.

I think you're paying for its switching ability?
Has pricing been announced? That would suck if it was the same price as the M4 *and* they're only selling 'em with modules :-/
Synergy - HBE,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Plexi, ENGL,OS,BB/BE
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual Erect
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD, ERECT
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, GTO, SuperV

NuSkoolTone
RM100
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

Post by NuSkoolTone » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:19 pm

JKD wrote:
guitarslinger wrote:
JKD wrote:It's called the E2....and in addition to the features already mentioned..you can of course use it completely transaparently with another amps FX loop...I believe the switching is included to do that...

A more cost effective way and flexible to get Egnater Modular tones...sweet
The E2 chassis the same price as the M4 chassis though.

I think you're paying for its switching ability?
Has pricing been announced? That would suck if it was the same price as the M4 *and* they're only selling 'em with modules :-/
Yeah Are you SERIOUS? That's insane.
This is where you write stuff no one reads anyway.

hilly1212

Post by hilly1212 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:38 am

Not going to be priced same as M4. We should have firm pricing by the end of this week of first of next.

The first 20 are going to be sold thru dealers only. Call or email one of our 4 dealers and see if they are taking names for the 5 each of them get! They will be sold loaded only. Sorry this run is the first and they need to be sold this way.

okstrat
Lynch Box
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:04 pm
Contact:

Post by okstrat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:10 am

Hey Jeff! Very cool, could be a way to 'spread the word' about Eggies to the unwashed masses. :)

Pete

jgastineau
RM50
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Post by jgastineau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:51 am

Did the E2 ever go into production and what is the price?

Post Reply