RM100 LED mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METALjim

Reaction score
Was wondering if it was possible to put some LEDs in the chasis near the power amp tubes to sort of light them up, like the ENGL powerball kind of thing. Could you use the exsiting power supply and just wire some in. It would look awesome switching on your RM100 and all the tubes are lit up. Any advice appreiciated.
Cheers

I've done this several times with my RM 100. I tapped right into the 12v power cable for the cooling fan and grounded to the chassis. You can findalot of 12v LED at about any car parts store. Autozone, Advanced auto parts

You could probably also find some interesting stuff for a computer case that would work also. If it was less than 12v, you'll need a dropping resistor in line with the voltage to make it correct for the LEDs - too much current and they will quit working pretty fast.

That sounds pretty straight forward actually. Did you just stick the LEDs to your chasis or did you drill some holes? I know that sounds a bit extreme. How many could you have in line with the cooling fan power cable? Do you have any pics of your amp? Sounds pretty cool.

They make lighting for PCs that comes in a bendable 'tube' kinda like a flexible glow stick that would work pretty well IMHO... I think if you did individual LED's you'd go nuts wiring them.

Any lights like that would take very little power - LEDs are incredibly efficient. One of my bands has LED stage lights and it's amazing - nice and bright, and you don't feel like a french fry on the warming tray at McDonalds!

heres some pics. The led bar cost 15 bucks and was for the back of a trailer.

rand_1.jpg

rand_2.jpg

rand_3.jpg

I have thought about putting in LED's, after seeing the post about this one in Green.
guitrigtop.JPG

guitrigtopdark.JPG

I'd like to setup 3 different LED colours, and have them change as I change between modules. :twisted:
Would it be possible to tap the power as it goes into each module? Also which is the power cable for the fan? I had a thought about changing the fan over to a more quiet / efficient one as well.
Cheers

Those amps look pretty danm cool i really like the red LEDs. Thanks for the help guys gonna have to try this out for sure.

Latest posts