Any RM20 owners use silent recording?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge

Reaction score
I am rather curious the quality of sound you get out of this. Especially compared to a modeler?

I am really leaning towards an Rm20 combo at this point.

And nothing would please me more then to be able to plug into the mixing board at night and lay down some decent sounding tracks while the wife and kid sleep.

I've used my Radial JDI box for near silent recording and was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes the signals coming direct from an amp with the built-ins is a little "hot" so start with your XLR gain set low on your interface. It was on my former JVM. I don't know about the RM20 that way. Quality is decent. I really don't care for digital modelling. It is getting better and the AXE FX is the best out there and almost became the rig.

Yeah, the AXE FX sounds real good, but I'm not ready to drop that much money on something that will be absolete in a year to products probably half it's price.

But it is the one modeler that I have heard where I actually think the clips sound good.

I was tempted to just go buy a POD, but when I heard the clips on the website, I just couldn't stand them.

The RM20 just fills so many needs (a small tube amp I can actually pickup, swapable modules, and if the silent recording atleast sounds decent, being able to work at night while the family sleeps).

I would just really love to hear a clip of this before I spend the money.

I am surprised i could not find any on the Randall Website. They have a lot of clips on that website, just not of that.

Latest posts