How many rack spaces does an RT2/50 occupy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
I have my RM4 rack-mounted as of tonight, but I don't have an RT2/50 yet. How many spaces (rack spaces or holes in the metal flanges) does it occupy? The RM4 takes up two Rack Spaces, or 6 holes.... so how many does the RT2/50 need? I have an 8 space rack, I'm just hoping that there will be enough room for the RM4, RT2/50, a power conditioner and the Decimator Rack G setup I planned on. Thanks guys!

Really? So it's the same size as an RM4?? It looks bigger in the pictures I guess... does it actually weigh like 50 lbs? I heard it was really heavy!

Yeah, they both weigh a fuckin' ton. In my main rig, I have a power conditioner, a G Major, an RM 4 and an Rt2/50 and that sucker weighs more than some 10 and 12 space racks I've had.

I had an RM4, Furman Rack Rider, Multiverb and the RT2/50 in a 6 space rack and couldn't lift the rack by myself - but I also had back surgery 18 months ago. I sold my RM4 and RT2/50 because of the weight and now use the RM50 head which is heavy too.

But yet 2 rack spaces. I would think about putting the RT2/50 in it's own rack for weight reasons.

Yeah, my first MTS rig consisted of an RM4, RT2/50, G-Major, power conditioner, and accessory shelf (wireless, Axess GRX4, a couple pedals) mounted in a Gator 8-space rolling rack. It was pretty much impossible for me to move up & down the stairs on my own (it was also impossible for me to lift onto the top of a stack of cabs--even 2x12's). To make matters worse, rolling it made me pretty nervous, too, since the extending handle from the rack had a tendency to bend pretty seriously under the sheer weight while being rolled around.

I tried to solve this by buying two 4-space racks, putting the RM4 and RT2/50 into one, putting all the FX into the other. The RM4 rack is still pretty heavy, but it's managable. Downside is it takes me a lot longer to wire up before gigs, since I need to run all the cables between the two racks. Grrr... But the "separation of racks" made it easier when I wanted to use the FX-only rack with my RM100C or RM20B. The optimal weight distribution would probably be the RM4 and shelf (with pedals) in one rack and the RT2/50 and G-Major in the second. Might not be quicker to hook up before gigs, but should be a little easier to maneuver if nothing else.

--B

Yeah I 've got an Rm4, RT2/50, Digitech GSP2101, and a power conditioner and it's a SERIOUS PITA to move.

If I start gigging again, the RT2/50 is getting it's own case. As much as plugging a few wires in every time sucks, it takes a hell of a lot less out of me than lugging the whole thing at once. Can't depend on a bandmate to "Grab an end" everytime!