Has anyone else had problems with their midi footswitches?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had channel switchers die on me in the past year. Is this a common problem? I don't want to shell out for another Randall one if they're going to just keep on dying on me.

They power up, but they don't switch. Really annoying...

So you're saying that the switch lights up, but doesn't change the amp channels. If the FS is powering up it should still be switching have you tried reprogramming the FS by selecting a button on it, select the corresponding channel on the amp, and then press and hold the Channel Select/Store button on the amp for about 5 seconds.

If this doesn't work and you DO need a new FS, let me know. I think we have a couple here in the store that I could sell you for cheap.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions about getting this to work. [email protected]

I have had a LOT of midi trouble with my head. I am also notorious for being cursed with heads that don't foot switch. Not that I don't take care of them or use them improperly, it just seems to always happen to me.

For my RM100 I've had NO switching capabilities for at least a year. The midi component has suffered no damage that is obvious after inspection or troubleshooting. I have however, recently discovered that it may be the actual button that stores patches on the front panel. I've taken my head to a few repair guys who have told me that they don't see any obvious solutions.

I LOVE my Rm100 but if I can't get this resolved I can't afford to keep it. My playing just demands a lot of switching and midi so I'm stuck. As far as I know, Randall won't sell me a new midi component or store component because I'm not a dealer, though my work on electronics is above novice.

NOTE: I have changed and checked all fuses, and have changed foots witches and cables multiple times. I am also familiar with how to store the patches on the amp. It just stopped switching after a while. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!! RD/Rich, do you have any ideas?

So did you swap out the fuse on the MIDI board specifically? Does your foot switch light up?

If you are really are in need of a new MIDI board, i should be able to procure one for ya...email me [email protected]

The foot switch does get power, and the LEDs light up. I think that the issue is either in the midi component itself or in the store/select button component. I am going to open it up and take another look at it on Friday. If I still can't find any obvious issues I will just replace them both. I'll send you an email either way letting you know whats up.

Thanks man

Hyndra said:
The foot switch does get power, and the LEDs light up. I think that the issue is either in the midi component itself or in the store/select button component. I am going to open it up and take another look at it on Friday. If I still can't find any obvious issues I will just replace them both. I'll send you an email either way letting you know whats up.

Thanks man

Not saying that this is the cause of your trouble, but isn't there a problem with unplugging the midi cable when the head is turned on? this is directed more at Steve or anyone else who has experienced this problem.

Jimmie

Does the amp switch channels with the front panel select button? If so, the pushbutton is not the problem. Does the midi thru jack work if you plug the pedal into the "IN" jack and connect the midi "thru" to another midi device "IN" so you can see it work? Report back with your findings.
Are you saying the channel switching on your amp has not worked for a year and you are just now getting upset about it? What kind of "troubleshooting" did the repair people perform? This is really a matter of finding the bad part and replacing it. Should not be a difficult or mysterious problem to resolve.