RM100 vs. V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah7

Reaction score
There is no Randall dealer anywhere near me so I am just buying by what people are saying... Does anyone know how they compare in terms of tone and volume... Preferably the distortion like the Ultra XL module? It seems like the pro's are mostly going over to the rm100

going over to the.....????

After having both, I think it depends on what type of music you are doing. The Ultra XL is by far my favorite module for high gain metal. It cuts through very well and has excellent clarity. Even though the V2 has a good amount of gain, it doesn't have as much as the Ultra XL and the amps tone is a good bit warmer. The V2 also seemed a bit tighter than the RM100 BUT the KH2 and KH3 offer similar tightness if you need it. I did feel that a Tube Screamer was needed in front of the V2 to give me the crunch I was after, but that's fine with me because the tone was killer.

how about the volume.. i would think the tube would be louder but the v2 has 400 watts

Volume wise they are very similar. You'll have no problem cutting through with either of these amps. The RM100 seems a little more dynamic just because it's a tube amp but being solid state, the V2 feels tighter.