Randall MTS 212 with Neo Century speakers!?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richedie

Reaction score
Anyone using this cabinet?

I picked one up from Rob (Jaded Faith) and love it. Sounds as big as a 412. My 412 days are now over. This cabinet has shut the door on those days. I think the slanted baffle adds so much to the spread, not to mention the speakers. I wonder why more companies do not add a slanted baffle. Seems to work well. I have tried ported cabs but hated the uncontrollable bass and the fact that the bass frequencies interferred with the bassist.

One question though. Anyone try combining a G12 Century and g12 Vintage Century? I hear the Vintage is warmer and it might be a nice mix.

Thanks.

Rich,
I did have Century Vintages at one point and tried them in a few of my cabs. They were a good speaker, but I like the regular Neo's better. The Vintages also are lower wattage and I found they would break up a bit too easy for my tastes.
Rob

Randall uses custom-voiced neo's in their NXT cabs; I've got the 2x12 (same cab Jaded has); they are rated at 80watts each. These are very versatile smooth speakers. Not as bright as your centuries but I'd think adding one of these to your cab would give you a great mix.

Hi dboy! Mine actually has the Celestion Century speakers, not the custom voiced speakers.

Oh, I got ya. So, the Randall speakers are smoother?
I am still considering trying a mix with the Vintage series or maybe even a Randall.

I have 2 of those old ADA 2x12 cabs from the 1990s...I like em. I think Im alone in this (anbody out there have any experience with these?)
The slant does help,imho...gets rid of the way to directonal quality of the 4x12 cabinets out there (the typical Marshall cab).
Im using Celestion V30 and the wharehouse copies,too. Seems good. Although Id like a bit more oomph.

Man, I would love to have one of those Randall Neo cabs, but the $ is never where I'd like it to be.

Plus, my hard earned cash is finally going towards a new guitar. See guys - owning a Randall HELPS you save cash from never spending on other amps!

Ha.

do you guys just put your 212's flat on the floor? Or upright? Or stack it on something?

GtrGeorge! said:
I have 2 of those old ADA 2x12 cabs from the 1990s...I like em. I think Im alone in this (anbody out there have any experience with these?)
The slant does help,imho...gets rid of the way to directonal quality of the 4x12 cabinets out there (the typical Marshall cab).
Im using Celestion V30 and the wharehouse copies,too. Seems good. Although Id like a bit more oomph.
I have a pair of an ADA copy that I built 14 yrs ago and still use with another rack setup.