How much does a RM4 weigh?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
I'm debating between getting a RM4 plus power amp or a RM100. I like the 4 cause I'll get 4 channels. If I put a rack together, I would probably start off with a RM4, power conditioner, rack FX, single space power amp and 6 space case. Ultimately, I would replace the amp with a mesa 50/50 or thereabouts. Would the rack ultimately be lighter than the RM100?

The RM100 is 75 pounds the RT2/50 is 50 pounds, the RM4 should be about 12-15 pounds so after you put you rack together you looking at more weight than the RM100. The only light way to go would be a 1 space power amp Egnater is coming out with.

Well, I can't give you the exact weights...

But I can tell you that I've got an RM4, a VHT 2/50/2, a 1 space multi-effects, a 1 space tuner, and a 1 space wireless receiver all in a rack.

And that sucker definitely weighs more than an RM100! It feels like it weighs more than my 412 cab, which is 90 something pounds. It certainly is much more difficult/awkward to carry than the 412. If you go rack, make **** sure you get one with good wheels!

I got mine here and have been using it for years without problem:

http://pearsoncases.com/

I will say that despite the weight, a rack set up is SOOO much more convenient and quicker to set up/tear down. If you play a lot of gigs and have a strong back, I recommend it.

I just changed over from using the rack setup (RM4, VHT2/90/2, G-system brain in rack, one od pedal, and a Furman) in a 6 space SKB - as it weighed in at 103 pounds. The RM100 feels like a feather in comparison - and its easier to carry.

you and I are in the same situation..
I use an Rm4 and in a rack along with the other things (like a power conditioner) its a little heavy. But to me, well worth it.
I find its the power amp that is a KILLER weight. I use an RT2/50 and I love the sound but the weight is to much. That puppy is a ***** to move every practice and gig.
I have inquired about a good compromise here at the forum: I have requested a 50 watt combo that holds 3 modules. I think,if done with effecient speaker(s) it could be nearly as flexible as an Rm4..but with a weight that is tolerable for working musicians.
I love my Randall....just wish it wasnt a massive effort to get it from one place to another.

Latest posts