Which mid frequencies to boost in Plexi, Recto modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsparkletop

Reaction score
I'd like my Plexi and Recto modules to cut a little better in live situations. My other modules (Blackface, Ultra Lead, 1086) all cut well and still sound very warm while doing so. To get a similar level of cut from my Plexi & Recto, I have to set them brighter than I would prefer. For the record, I do have the mid controls cranked on both modules, and both have undergone the .001 cap mod.

I am going to try boosting some mids with the parametric eq in my Rocktron Xpression. However, my opportunities to fiddle with my rig at gig volumes at home are very limited and of short duration. I can't be scrolling through menus at gigs, either, trying to find the magic frequency.

What frequency would you recommend I start with in trying to add a little warm midrange to my Plexi and Recto modules? For the Recto I was thinking I'd start with 400 Hz, not sure where to start with the Plexi. I also don't want to overdo it and make both modules sound exactly alike in the end. What are the right frequencies to push and still have each module retain (or enhance) the identity of a real Plexi or Rectifier amp?

Any suggestions/miracle solutions would be appreciated. :D