Different preamp tubes?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure does. There are two preamp tubes in each module and the main amp has 3 12AX7's for input stage, effects loops, and phase inverter.

ok, i need my sound to be a little less dry and have a little less break up. i head changing the power tubes wont do it and i should look into changing the preamp tubes instead.

I assume the preamp tube behind the input jack is V1. But which one is the effects loop tube is it the next one over or the farthes one away from V1. I wouldn't mind changing the effects tube to a lower gain tube like a 5751, or a 12AT7 or 12AU7.

From what I understand, looking at the amp from the back from right to left, it is: input tube (V1), loop tube (V2), & phase inverter tube (V3).

So if V1 is the most important tube then how critical is it to have higher dollar tubes in the modules themselves?

Try experimenting with tubes. Particularly preamp, 12AX7 types. They are pretty cheap. Power amp tubes are not that bad either, so buy a few different types and see what works!

Latest posts