NAD - RM22 in da house!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2ply

Reaction score
Just got home from practice - and guess what is sitting on my porch - my RM22 in the flesh!!!!!! Stinks that I got home so late - as I can't crank it up - so it will have to wait until after work tomorrow - but I've been waiting to get my hands on one of these since the first time I saw a picture up here. Its killer - and the perfect small gig amp - two channels each with their own boost - should rock with a small pedal board I'm going to put together for it - and the Randall OS 1x12. Tomorrow is going to be a REALLY LONG DAY!!!!! - I have to give a "thanks" shout out to Rich and Funky Munky - great guy and great place for gear - Thanks again Rich - Including putting up with me being a pain in the @$$ on this one!!!!!!!!!! Here are a couple of quick shots of the head!!!

IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_6998.jpg

IMG_6999.jpg

Looks great , I'm sure it will be a blast .

BTW noticed you have an 11r in your studio .What do you think of that?
A few people are going crazy over them and the clips I have heard do sound pretty darn good and tube-like

Thanks all.

Actually - I love the 11R - I sounds killer - and I've barely scratched the surface with it. I had a couple of Axe-Fx's prior - and could never really get them perfect with my rigs the way I wanted - so I used them mainly for the home studio stuff - and their great, just spent more time screwing around with them than playing.

After hearing a few samples of the 11r (and the fact that I use pro tools le already) - for me it was a no brainer - sold off the Axe's - picked up the 11R and haven't looked back since. After freeing up some cash from the pair - I picked up a G-Major II for my live FX (not as nice - and not quite the quality of the Axe - but I mainly use it for a little delay, and every once and a while chorus - and it sounds great for that), the 11R and am upgrading some other things in the studio - more 500 series modules and going to pick up a Apogee Rosetta 800 for converters. With the 11R I can get ideas down quicker - the reamping all in the box is a killer feature - and it sounds great. Actually is good enough that I'm also letting go of my SLO - as this thing is really REALLY close - I figure if I spend a bit more time with it (like I did with the Axe's - had the one for over two years or so) in a mix I really feel like no one will be able to tell the difference between the actual SLO miked and the 11R - plus with the RM20 and RM22 that I have I can use the modules to layer tones too - using the mic eliminator and a line out to my ADA Ampulator - I've got it all covered.

Over all - when I first hooked it up I thought "this stunks, I shouldn't have sold my Axe's" - but after messing with it for a couple of hours - and putting some things down to disk I started to get the hang of it. Like all modelers though you have to spend some time with it to make it work for you. I also think the input with their True Z stuff is killer - really easy to get real great dynamics on the amp models just like in real life - and I'm using my '92 stock SLO as a reference. The Axe was no slouch - but this is just a better fit for me.

How is it for an uber versatile bedroom amp, too? :D I want one for just that purpose, but alas cannot afford one :(

HOW MUCH?

ME WANT.

And sell Fender HRDv and 6505+.

Although part of me is tempted to just slave the power section of the 6505+ and run a stereo rig. If that's doable there's no way I can get a power amp that cheap.

btw..you have an ampulator???????????????
wow...are they really as good as they are rumoured to be?
Gtrgeorge

JKD said:
Ampoholic said:
kbause said:
Thats awesome man!

Didn't know they were available yet.

Yeah, me neither. How the hell do I get one?

If I had to guess..I'd say Funky Munky Music probably got the first one...

Yeah, I looked there. Nothing. Oh well, I'm not in that big of a hurry, gotta pay for Christmas!

Just sold my RM50 to get one of these in the new year....

Cant wait

I see an 11r in the background. I was contemplating between getting an 11r and the rm 20 and ultimately went with the rm 20. I wanted something I could record direct and so far (have only had the rm 20 for a few days) the rm 20 combined with redwirez cabs has been great for me. I'm curious to hear your take if you have compared the 11r's direct recording vs. the rm direct out .
Nice Rm 22 - enjoy!
Nick

Latest posts