NAMM whats the news? Where're the press releases and photos

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya. I havent gotten a damned thing done at work today because Ive been scouring every inch of the internet for anything MTS related.

You'll probably have to wait until Premier Guitar does something. The Randall media machine is pretty pathetic compared to other mfgrs. like Jet City, Mesa, Bugera, etc. I posted news from the Randall website about the RM1250 and RM22HDX in other threads. Hopefully they made an appearance at NAMM.

I think it's basically the economy. Gibson shared a booth this year at the last minute. Companies aren't spending money on shows right now.

Yet Dean Guitars seems to continue to market like Ed Roman. Can't draw attention based on quality? Hire some strippers.

Really hoping some new mods come out in the first part of the year. When was the last new module released?

Julia said:
I think it's basically the economy. Gibson shared a booth this year at the last minute. Companies aren't spending money on shows right now.

Yet Dean Guitars seems to continue to market like Ed Roman. Can't draw attention based on quality? Hire some strippers.
:lol: And cheap strippers at that :shock:

Here's the latest:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1362

:p
Oh well, better to get all the kinks out before releasing the mods

Sorry to say that there was nothing new. I talked to R/D Steve for quite a while - GREAT guy!

Apparently they are under new ownership and want to get some things taken care of before getting the new products out. I was told that they have several new modules but were not comfortable with their readiness to move in to mass production. They did not want to put them out at the show and then have demand they could not meet.

Also, there will be no RM22 combo, just a head. According to Steve they were too top heavy in the combo format. When you look at the head version you can see why that is the case. I was bummed because I wanted a combo, but after Steve showed me the problem it makes sense and I'll be happy to have a head with a cab at some point.

Looks like May 2010 is their planned launch date for all things new.

They have a new amp guru on their staff who is working with some of the development of the new products. Sounds like a stud.

here is the new amp guru in action......demo'ing the new RT tube amps

his name is joe delaney

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9535

and yes, he knows his stuff :wink:

Some other news from NAMM here, I talked to RD/Steve about the MTS line for awhile. Great guy and really helpful.
The new Lynch module would be what you guys got to look forward to. It's going to be done with Dave Frriedman. they were hoping to show it at NAMM, but it wasn't ready in time.
The Super V and the Brahma will be discontinue, as will the 1087, which will be reborn under another name and design. If you want these module, now is the time to scoop what's left out there.
On the side note, the new Nuno amp sounds really big and ballsy, with tons of gain and lows.
Tung

There was a way of making the RM22 combo not to be top heavy.... put a Zakk Wylde EV12 in it. Of course that would make it heavy as the RM50 and defeat the purpose.

i appreciate the kind words guys.

new for 2010:
rm22hb
rm100mm (all marshall mods loaded)
rm100mf (all fender modules loaded)
rm1250 (now available - street price $2499 fully loaded)

coming soon:
the Judge module (new Lynch/Friedman "updated" modded Marshall type)
other modules still in development
...and some top secret items :twisted:

discontinued:
1086 (to be named the plexi+ - Yngwie/Blackmore fans unite! :twisted: )
all cream palomino tolex
rm20hb

RD/Steve said:
i appreciate the kind words guys.

new for 2010:
rm22hb
rm100mm (all marshall mods loaded)
rm100mf (all fender modules loaded)
rm1250 (now available - street price $2499 fully loaded)

coming soon:
the Judge module (new Lynch/Friedman "updated" modded Marshall type)
other modules still in development
...and some top secret items :twisted:

discontinued:
1086 (to be named the plexi+ - Yngwie/Blackmore fans unite! :twisted: )
all cream palomino tolex
rm20hb

Cool. What about the acoustic module people have been talking about? Has this been scrapped, did it every really exist? If so will it have XLR inputs, phantom power? Just curious.

Thanks

Aaron

Sorry to add another question to the pile, but is the Orange module still coming or has it been scrapped?

as you could imagine, running an acoustic through the power section of an rm100 is a tricky thing. it is still in development, but i don't know if it's an ideal fit for the mts line. personally...

the rm1250 will not be avilable as of right now as just a preamp. an alternative is to use 3 rm4 although there is talk of a preamp only ersion of the rm1250. fingers crossed...

the orange module is also still in development and were looking at whether or not it would be a viable module. if i have my way...you'll see it shortly.

RD/Steve said:
as you could imagine, running an acoustic through the power section of an rm100 is a tricky thing. it is still in development, but i don't know if it's an ideal fit for the mts line. personally...

the rm1250 will not be avilable as of right now as just a preamp. an alternative is to use 3 rm4 although there is talk of a preamp only ersion of the rm1250. fingers crossed...

the orange module is also still in development and were looking at whether or not it would be a viable module. if i have my way...you'll see it shortly.

Welcome back from NAMM (assuming you got to go!) :D

How about the Ultra Curve?

RD/Steve said:

Thanks for the update