freidman mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well listen for yourself! and tell us wether you like it!

I've never heard any in person but that clip sounds mighty good!

I have heard some negative noises about his work though (in terms of roadworthyness and style).

I had a Brown Eye Plexi and it rocked. The only reason I moved it was because I could just about nail the tone with my JF Brahma and the Brahma was much more versatile.

I have a SL+ with a Friedman mod. It sounds really good for high gain, but that's all it does now. Not versatile at all. But for high gain, it's great.

The guy's obviously amazing at what he does; his client list speaks for itself. However, I have seen some shoddy work come out of his shop when it comes to modules. I have a feeling he's not doing all the actual mods himself. I'd be willing to bet he's got some hired hands there at the shop. I don't know whether that's the case or not, but if not, he's definitely done some sloppy work in the past.

Also, his email replies are frustratingly short. Usually a fragment of one sentence to answer a question. I know the guy's busy, but I'd like to see a little more detail in his responses.

I've had BE/HBE/C45....all killer modded marshall tones...have to say my favourite and probably teh most versatile was the C45..

I was a fool to let that go..had it on a BE/C45 Dual Channel Egnater module.

I also had a Friedman Erectal (dual channel)..gobs of tight mesa gain/grind...in the end I sold it because I had a lot of overlap with Grails/Deadplate/Mr Scary...but otherwise that would've been a go-to high gainer.

My favorite Friedman module is my C45/BE module (yes both on one Randall Module) with the saturation switch. 4 different tones on one module, and it gets in the ball park to the amount of gain that a HBE gets, but is not quite as smooth. Has a rawness that I really like. This is the one that gets the most play out of all of my modules. Dave has worked on 6 of my modules and I havent unloaded any. They all sound great!!!

My Friedman Brown Eye Brahma is my go to rythum tone. It's the module I use as a benchmark for all other modules. I have the gain constantly maxed, and I wish at times it would have a little bit more juice in the tank, but it's taken over from my Egnater SL++. If I need more, I just boost it with an OD. Awesome Green Day crunch type tone.
I agree with some of the other comments. The Friedman modules do one sound well, they're not commonly built to have a heap of switchable options. Saying this though, my Gigmods and Salvation mods are right up there in the tone dept and also more versatile.
Cheers

Dave will add more features if you ask and he feels if can be done. My HBE has a switch to change voicings to his Black Eye mod as well as a saturation switch, and my BE has a C45 switch as well as a saturation switch. Lots of different tones to be had

Latest posts