Roland Jazz Chorus Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfshockey

Reaction score
This may be dumb and there may already be a thread on here for this but is there a module (stock or modded) that nails the Roland Jazz Chorus in terms of cleans?

Do you think that someone would be interested in Solid State clean module(without tubes)
with built in chorus-completely based on JC 120 preamp?
This is one of my future plans.
I own JC60 combo and I love its tone.

Anthony
P.S.:
But remember that tone depends on speaker in Roland combo too.

salvation said:
Do you think that someone would be interested in Solid State clean module(without tubes)
with built in chorus-completely based on JC 120 preamp?
This is one of my future plans.
I own JC60 combo and I love its tone.

Anthony
P.S.:
But remember that tone depends on speaker in Roland combo too.

Hell Yeah!

Isn't the beauty of the chorus that it is going into a stereo 2x12? This seems like a hard to tone to duplicate, but with Super-Salvation I'm not surprised at anything he can do

Hmm somewhat my thoughts as well
Though I consider the beauty in a JC120 only the chorus, not so much the stereo

a JC or any SS clean sounds quite dull without any added 'sparkle'

Nightdare said:
Hmm somewhat my thoughts as well
Though I consider the beauty in a JC120 only the chorus, not so much the stereo

a JC or any SS clean sounds quite dull without any added 'sparkle'

I somewhat concur. I used to use a JC120 as my clean tone and i really only liked it when it was all "japed" up. Dry it was shabby and kinda dull but add the chorus and a good stereo spread and it was awesome. Maybe some folks like that but i am not sure i am ready to trade in my Loneclean for one.

Peace, Joshua

I'm all for more clean modules! I've tried them all and so far the best have been the Loneclean, Blackface and SuperV. I just purchased a modded JF BlackFace that has a push/pull for Twin/Bassman tones and is suppossed to be be more solid sounding then the stock modules. I won't see it until late next week though.

I would be interested for sure, but probably very hesitant.

What I mean is I would be very surprised if you got a sound very close to the JC (it's just so classic!), and also you want to try to model the JC's chorus as well?

I don't know how you would manage that, but if you were able to do it, then I would be interested.

Alternatively I can get a used JC for 500 bucks here in Canada.

Salvation:
I think the sound of a JC120 is kinda out of fashion. Its a good sound, but I dont see alot of use for it..maybe some guys would love it. But I dont need it.
But another really good clean module is VERY welcome. I forget who posted about it..but months ago a guy here mentioned the great clean tone he got from a SS roland Fx box (like the GP100)..he really insisted it was the best pristine clean he had ever used. I could see a module to do that..a REALLY good SS clean..a versatile clean module in the SS mode.
something that can handle active pickups without any distortion. For me, my fave clean EVER was the clean sound I used to get out of an 1972 Orange OR120 head at a low volume. It ws beautiful..nearly acoustic!!
GtrGeorge
..all just my opinion.

GtrGeorge! said:
Salvation:
I think the sound of a JC120 is kinda out of fashion. Its a good sound, but I dont see alot of use for it..maybe some guys would love it. But I dont need it.
But another really good clean module is VERY welcome. I forget who posted about it..but months ago a guy here mentioned the great clean tone he got from a SS roland Fx box (like the GP100)..he really insisted it was the best pristine clean he had ever used. I could see a module to do that..a REALLY good SS clean..a versatile clean module in the SS mode.
something that can handle active pickups without any distortion. For me, my fave clean EVER was the clean sound I used to get out of an 1972 Orange OR120 head at a low volume. It ws beautiful..nearly acoustic!!
GtrGeorge
..all just my opinion.

Yeah, Orange OR120, this is the famous Orange Graphic!
I already did it.
And agree, in low gain setting , with master volume all the way out it is great, pristine clean sound.
Colour of tone is different than other clean modules, because OR120 uses very different EQ.
Not only different values on standard tonestack, but totally different wiring, based on Baxandall EQ.
Definitelly recommended, outstanding module, no other module sounds like that. Of course fat british crunch is here too. Due to 6 position F.A.C. switch it is very versatile.
mandarine_graphic.JPG

Roland Jazz Chorus is legendary amp, legendary sound.
I do not care about fashion.
It is one of my future plans, I hope it will work (of course, with chorus built in!);)

Anthony snuck up on you there GtrGeorge! :lol:

I love the idea of incorperating the chorus in the module!
Pioneering as allways Anthony!

Personally I don't have much use for the tone, but technically I'd love it :D
Also I look forward to (possibly) designing the faceplate! The Roland has a very distinct design. :)

I dont mind hearing that, at all!!!
Anthony, my ego is not bruised. I am HAPPY to hear youve made an OR120 clone. And I love to be wrong, like that.
I just never saw any clips of this previous. Are there any?
Also, whats the cost? How long till delivery? And while at it...whats the cost of a mashall..and how long till delivery?
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
I dont mind hearing that, at all!!!
Anthony, my ego is not bruised. I am HAPPY to hear youve made an OR120 clone. And I love to be wrong, like that.
I just never saw any clips of this previous. Are there any?
Also, whats the cost? How long till delivery? And while at it...whats the cost of a mashall..and how long till delivery?
GtrGeorge

George. all is ok;) And thanks for your tips, but I have JC50 and love it, and I love all these old things, which wrote history of Rock n Roll. JC 120 definitely was one of these amps.
OR120 based module is done, but no soundclips yet, I have to do one for Hyenik and then he will do it;)

Waiting time on my mods are 5 weeks excluding shipping.
Prices starts at 199 USD or higher(depending on added fetaures and used knobs)-if you are interrested just drop me a PM with your email adress, I will send the pricelist.

Anthony

hmm,

I unserstand the Clean module is pretty sterile? That and a CE-2, no?

:roll:

speedemon said:
hmm,

So your only specification of the legendary JC120 clean is "sterile" ?
I think some people here might disagree with that :)

m0jo said:
speedemon said:
hmm,

So your only specification of the legendary JC120 clean is "sterile" ?
I think some people here might disagree with that :)
?
I would rather say "lush, shimmering, crystalic clean".
But as always, it depends on point of view:)

And I have to say that stock Clean module is not my favourite.

Uhhh,

well, it's my understanding that the JC120 is the cleanest guitar amp ever made. Am I wrong? If you look up the word "sterile", you will see that word is exactly that, as clean as possible. That is the way some have described the Clean module, never heard it myself. So it seemed logical that adding the Roland JC120 chorus circuit to the cleanest possible amp would do that. No?

Lol!