Gigmods Mark and Salvation markUs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just received my Gigmods Mark module from Rising Farce (thank you!) and it sounds amazing! I've had less then 10 minutes with it so far, but it seems to like the 6L6s more then the EL-34s. Which is perfect for my needs.
I also have a Salvation MarkUs coming soon. I'll make some comparison notes for everyone and record some clips too.
Cheers,
Jace

Yes! Grats on the sick module - Pete does some amazing work. I would definitely like to hear sound clips of both, as a Mark module is in my top 3 list of modules to get next (along with XTC and Orange)

I spent quite a bit of time with the Mark module last night. It sounds SO good! If you push the gain past about 3 O'Clock it gets a little mushy, but this is how those older Mark series Boogies react. But I don't find that I need any more gain that what it offers at noon. It is a little noisy though. I was switching back and forth between my XTC and the Mark. The XTC is VERY clean with the gain cranked, but the Mark was not.
Once I was dialed in, I turned on my other amp with the Mash-All and I was in tone heaven! Huge, thick distortion tones. Wow.

USPS just dropped of my Salvation MarkUs! My wife and baby girl are with the grandparents tonight, so I'll be jammin' and recording! Yahoo!
Jace

Guys,
I'm getting some weird noise in my recordings. I loaded a couple of files to my Mobile Me account that you can download. http://public.me.com/jacenuzback
There is a stereo file and two mono files. These are 24-bit/44.1Khz files.
The Mark is in my 6L6 RM50 and the MarkUs is in my EL34 RM-50. These are where they sounded best to my ears. Both recorded with Audix i5 mics with the internal preamps of an M-Audio ProFire 610.
Sorry for the sloppy playing and the noise. When I get this fixed I'll post some more.
Cheers,
Jace

SOunds good, man. It would be cool if you could let us know what you're settings were, so we can get a feel for the different capabilities of each module :)

Maybe I had trouble..but your clips sound the same to me..
jus sayin.

PS: I own a GigMods Mrk Module.

I don't think I ever listened to those clips and I now own Jace's MarkUS module...LOL..perhaps if I listened to the clips I may not have bought it.

Several people asked me privately why I was selling the MarkUS so soon...it all comes down to preference.

I actually believe that in person the MarkUS probably has a tone closer to a true Mark series..it's a bit more open in the mids and high end than the Gigmods and definitely more aggressive in 3 out of 4 the total voicings available.

The Gigmods does a better 'violin' tone...the MarkUS seems to have a little edge to it (which I call agressive) that I cannot seem to dialout with my setup.

For me, playing at home the 3 modes of the Gigmods suit me far better. I have always been a fan of the Ultra, Ultra Lead and UltraXL modules and the Gigmods refined and improved these kinds of voicing towards the Mark series.

I have no doubt the Gigmods would cut it live....heck that's how Pete tests his stuff...the MarkUS would probably obliterate in the mid-shifted modes :)

In general, this seems to be a good descrition for much of their work
Gigmods: smooth thick violin tone
Salvation: aggressive edge

sure they can each do the other, but that seems to be the overall vibe

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I can't seem to find any info comparing them to the JF MarkX

What do you think of it? Can it make singing leads as the Gigmods Mark? What's the difference between them?

The Mark X was my favorite for heavy, non-Recto Mesa tones. The MarkUs was the best for vintage Mesa Tones. The Mark was right in the middle. All of them were great and had the proper Mesa flavor.

audiomidijace said:
The Mark X was my favorite for heavy, non-Recto Mesa tones. The MarkUs was the best for vintage Mesa Tones. The Mark was right in the middle. All of them were great and had the proper Mesa flavor.

So does the Mark X not do vintage Mark sounds? By taking a look I am missing the two Gain controls a Mark typically has.

Ulf said:
So does the Mark X not do vintage Mark sounds? By taking a look I am missing the two Gain controls a Mark typically has.
The Mark X was designed to replicate the tones of the Crunch and Extreme channels of my Mark V head. Unlike older Mark series amps, that amp has single gain controls on each channel.

I have had a lot of excellent feedback regarding it's ability to cover a wide range of Mark-inspired tones.