I have JTM, Plexi, Brown, and SL+ BUT....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Would the Mashall actually sound better than all 4 of these modules....I do like to switch between them so in that respect it's cool to have the standard modules but does the Salvation Mashall just beat the crap out of all these others tonewise as I've kinda been led to believe? One space would open up spots for 3 new MTS modules though...My GAS is out of control...

I havent tried the Mashall (though I'd love to), but I can attest to Antonin's work. I have a custom Salvado module that he did, and it's quite simply amazing. If I were you, I would send him one of those modules you have and have him work his magic on it and turn it into a Mashall. I just recently sent him one of mine, and plan on several more. Do it!

If all 4 you listed are stock, based on Salvo's other work I would say yes, the MASHall covers all of those mods and smashes the tone on each

Although I don't think the Plexi is one of the modes(?) Plexi has articulate chime that is different than 800, Jose, or JVM...I guess the Brown is built off a Plexi, but it's thicker properties makes me think you can get that with Mash

If one of them is close to the sound you want you can get it modded to better suit the tone you are after. If you have a module and you are digging the sound, leave it alone. Its that simple.

I've owned all of the stock Marshall modules and I currently own a Mashall. To me the Mashall sounds better and certainly more authentic then any of the stock modules. The Jose mod mode certainly kills the SL+ and the JVM mode has the most gain of any Marshall module available for the MTS series. The Mashall just kills in every way.

But if you do need to "footswitch" between two or more Marshall tones obviously you'll need multiple modules. If I were to keep just ONE stock Marshall module, it would be the Plexi.

Hope that helps.
Jace

I agree the stock Plexi is pretty **** cool.
But do you find the Mash-all can cover that same sound? It seems to me the mash-all has alot of high end..maybe so much that you cant lose it, when you want to..whereas the Plexi doesnt have that clarity or extra high end.
Am I right or have I heard it wrong...all I have is the handful of clips and they are recorded under different conditions every time.
So what do YOUR ears tell you?
GtrGeorge

Just my .02 ... The Mashall is the best...But among the stock modules the Marshall ones are near the top...There's a difference when you get to the Mashall for sure...May not be as noticeable to everyone though...

GtrGeorge! said:
I agree the stock Plexi is pretty **** cool.
But do you find the Mash-all can cover that same sound? It seems to me the mash-all has alot of high end..maybe so much that you cant lose it, when you want to..whereas the Plexi doesnt have that clarity or extra high end.
Am I right or have I heard it wrong...all I have is the handful of clips and they are recorded under different conditions every time.
So what do YOUR ears tell you?
GtrGeorge

I'd already sold my Plexi by the time I had my Mashall, so I haven't "directly" compared them. But I'm sure I could dial the Mashall pretty **** close to the Plexi. But out of all of the Marshall MTS modules, I never felt the Plexi was "missing" anything. It was just the perfect AC/DC rock tone right out of the box. As I'm mostly recording these days and not playing out, I don't have to worry about footswtiching between different Marshall tones. So the one Mashall fills all of my marshall needs.

Off topic. Hey Matt thanks for sending that deluxe module to me so fast. I really needed a clean module. I'm going to break out my Les Paul and play some blues tonight. Thank again!