The Dragon Module - New Clip on Page 6!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Reaction score
Alright, I'm now willing to preform the mods for people if they want it.

Clips:

Modern module version of the Dragon
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Modern%20Dragon.mp3

Ultra module version of the Dragon
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Ultra%20Dragon.mp3
Another clip of the Modern Dragon
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/DragonChug.wav

Mid boost starts on normal. Than I switch it to the down position (It's pretty drastic but I can make it a bit less prominent in your mod.)
-Mids were at noon.

All 3 switches, clearer tone and faceplate. Modern module is the only one I can do it too so far though but I can also do it to the Ultra and Ultra XL and get a VERY close tone. To be honest it might come out better on those two modules since they have the a lower value treble pot which is what I intended to do to the one I have now.

Examples of faceplate work.

dsc0612kp.jpg

1030703.jpg

So let's get some revenge in the name of Salvation Mods: :lol:
CLIPS!!! CLIPS!!! CLIPS!!!

But seriously: good stuff man!
I like your design style, it has character.
Of course I have comments but I'll keep silent ;)

What is the sound inspired on?
Any specific tone or improvements to the U / ULX?

Hahah

No competing ;) Just throwing out a different flavor. To be honest I wasn't going for a specific tone. Just tried to make it full of options yet clear as day. :twisted:

Also PM me on your critique. I'm always up for criticism. It just makes a persons work better in my opinion and coming from you that'd be great. I love your work.

Clips added to main post.

Also the only different in the U/UXL vs the Modern would be slight tone variation. Here's a chart.

Comparing to Modern module. UXL has more lows, more low mids, less high mids, more highs.

The Ultra is basically a balance between the two. If you wanted me to mod your Modern to an Ultra or UXL version of the Dragon or vice-versa I can do that too.

kylendm said:
Hahah

No competing ;) Just throwing out a different flavor. To be honest I wasn't going for a specific tone. Just tried to make it full of options yet clear as day. :twisted:

Also PM me on your critique. I'm always up for criticism. It just makes a persons work better in my opinion and coming from you that'd be great. I love your work.

Clips added to main post.

Also the only different in the U/UXL vs the Modern would be slight tone variation. Here's a chart.

Comparing to Modern module. UXL has more lows, more low mids, less high mids, more highs.

The Ultra is basically a balance between the two. If you wanted me to mod your Modern to an Ultra or UXL version of the Dragon or vice-versa I can do that too.
Just kidding man, I really appreciate your work, I've dabbled in it but it's still witchcraft to me haha ;)
Also any added flavours just add to the palet and make the whole MTS series (and scene) more appealing! :D

I'll think about some critique and I'll PM you K?
It's not that I'm the ultimate guru, not by very very far, but maybe I can give you some insights ;) and vice versa :)

That first MP3 clip sounds bad ***! Can you tell us the rest of your signal chain? Which amp is the module in? What kind of power tubes? Speakers, mic, mic pre, etc. It's really well recorded! Nice job.
Jace

PMed. :wink:

Well it was just my Ibanez SA160 with a JB in the bridge into my RM100 with KT88s and KT66s and that was into my Mesa Traditional 4x12. Vintage 30 speakers.

Nicely done!

I am not big on "modern high gain tone", but the tone on this recording is pleasantly balanced, the right amount of dist. and clarity. The detuned guitar cuts in nicely.

kylendm said:

Well it was just my Ibanez SA160 with a JB in the bridge into my RM100 with KT88s and KT66s and that was into my Mesa Traditional 4x12. Vintage 30 speakers.
Perhaps I should try some KT88s. Is there a certain pair that you would recommend?
Jace

audiomidijace said:
My Ultra is on the way to Dragon school! I expect it to be breathing fire when it gets back!
Jace

It will...it will ;)

speedemon said:
Nicely done!

I am not big on "modern high gain tone", but the tone on this recording is pleasantly balanced, the right amount of dist. and clarity. The detuned guitar cuts in nicely.

Thanks man. I'm expecting this module to come out a bit better than my Dragon module. If I like it I'm going to completely revamp my module into the Ultra and then into the Dragon.

audiomidijace said:
kylendm said:

Perhaps I should try some KT88s. Is there a certain pair that you would recommend?
Jace

KT88s are nice and tight but also offer a bit of a dryer sound. Penta KT88SCs are probably the best KT88 i've ever used and aren't ridiculously expensive like Gold Lions and I think they top gold lions too. comparing it to an EHX KT88 the tone is a little darker, I heard a bit of a difference in clarity and they seem super reliable. Throwing Tung-sols in the module and the amp also is a great say to get a smoother, clearer tone as well. A 5751 in the PI of the amp and V1 in the module is optimum for clarity and great modern sound.

Alright I converted my Modern Dragon to an Ultra Dragon. This is very close to what your Ultra module would sound like if converted to an Ultra Dragon.

No TS9 on the left
TS9 on the right.

Also note...Gain is at 10 o clock.

kylendm said:
Alright I converted my Modern Dragon to an Ultra Dragon. This is very close to what your Ultra module would sound like if converted to an Ultra Dragon.

No TS9 on the left
TS9 on the right.

sounds F'ing killer man!

Did you recieve my PM?

m0jo said:
kylendm said:

No TS9 on the left
TS9 on the right.

sounds F'ing killer man!

Did you receive my PM?

Yeah I got it, sorry I haven't had time to reply. I really appreciate it though and I fixed a few things on the Dragon plate. ;) Also thanks for that comment on the clip. ;)

^ Thanks again :)

I just finished a Dragon module for someone else and I'm going to get pics up of it in a few mins.

kylendm said:
m0jo said:
kylendm said:

No TS9 on the left
TS9 on the right.

sounds F'ing killer man!

Did you receive my PM?

Yeah I got it, sorry I haven't had time to reply. I really appreciate it though and I fixed a few things on the Dragon plate. ;) Also thanks for that comment on the clip. ;)

^ Thanks again :)

I just finished a Dragon module for someone else and I'm going to get pics up of it in a few mins.
No problem man, it took me 3 weeks or something after promising to PM you haha
Looking forward to seeing the new version!