Just curious, what doesn't the Mashall + do?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Of course, Marshally speaking....I love the JCM 800 mods on the Mashall + but am drawn to the GTO now that it's out...DO you think that would be a dumb purchase and are probably tones I could replicate with a boost and my Mashall+? What about other Marshall tones the Mashall doesn't do....To have a comprehensive Marshall-based RM4, what would you put in it?

Mattfig said:
Yeah...DOn't get me wrong, Mashall Plus is one of my all-time faves...I'm just wondering if there's another Marshall-based module that say, focuses on JCM900s?
That's basically the Jose channel plus a little EQing..
Add fizz until you're happy :)
(I don't like JCM900's that much..)

If I could fill one with Marshall based mods I'd definitly try out some mods like Voodoo's or Friedman's.
But honestly I think I'd end up with at least 2 Mash-all+'s in there ;) (probably 3 or 4)

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
Yeah...DOn't get me wrong, Mashall Plus is one of my all-time faves...I'm just wondering if there's another Marshall-based module that say, focuses on JCM900s?
That's basically the Jose channel plus a little EQing..
Add fizz until you're happy :)

(I don't like JCM900's that much..)

I never really did anyway either...But am wondering what other Marshall amps are not replicable on Mashall? Or what other modules have a different or at par sound?

Thanks!

The only thing I can really think of are the Silver Jubilee and maybe Major..

The Major has most of it's sound in the 200 watt power section for as far as I know.
The Silver Jubilee.. I have never tried one so I have no idea of the appeal of it.

You want the 900? Turn the treble all the way up, turn the bright switch on, turn whatever other high frequency boost switch on, run an EQ in the FX loop and adjust the upper midrange and treble until you feel an ice pick has entered the back of your skull. They should call it the Trotsky Amp. I absolutely hate the sound of them. The DSL was a major upgrade from the 900.

Julia said:
You want the 900? Turn the treble all the way up, turn the bright switch on, turn whatever other high frequency boost switch on, run an EQ in the FX loop and adjust the upper midrange and treble until you feel an ice pick has entered the back of your skull.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I concur 100%. I remember the 1st 1 I saw & eventually heard. The salesman said it was a 2 channel JCM800... BS!

Latest posts