Do you dial your modules similarly?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Simple question...Do you tend to dial your modules similarly or do you attempt to coax each in a different direction?

I tend to dial many of my high gainers similarly...Same goes for mid gainers and cleans...

Although I do use a MIDI EQ that adjusts differently with each module...I guess I'm middle of the road...

What about you?

I find that the sweet spot of most modules is different so I dial them differently. With my Mashall I have to pull back some bass and boost the mids quite a bit. With my Hilly XTC, only small changes are needed from noon on each knob. When I tried the Scorch I had to drastically cut and boost to get something I liked. I do tend to cut almost all of the bass on my clean modules and I set the gains very low. It depends on which guitar I use too. My EVH pickups have a pretty big mid bump, whereas my Gibson pickups are pretty balanced.
Jace

The only thing I dial in similarly with my modules (across the board) is a lot of midrange. I almost never have my mids below 6 or 7 let alone half. The only time this is not the case is if I am looking for a jangly clean sound. The Gain, highs and lows are where I change up the "sound" of the module typically.

sepherus said:
The only thing I dial in similarly with my modules (across the board) is a lot of midrange. I almost never have my mids below 6 or 7 let alone half. The only time this is not the case is if I am looking for a jangly clean sound. The Gain, highs and lows are where I change up the "sound" of the module typically.

+1. I do tend to dial them in to what I like and that seems to be very close to what the others are. The only odd man out would be my Voodoo UG Jose. It just sits differently from the others but in a good way.

Yes,

I run them all differently, and they all have diff. settings depending on my mood and what I am jamming on at the time, even which guitar I take to the studio. Tweak, tweak, and more tweak.

Do I have the wrong;

modules

speakers...

amp?

Seeya,

Dave

Once I get more than one working high gainer I'll tell ya ;)

I have a feeling if I can get my SL+ to working again though, I'll probably do something UNHEARD OF in the guitar world: Turn all the EQ to noon or below! :shock:

I've learned recently this does wonders to get a cool vintagey tone, and that's what I wanted out of my SL+: Vintage tone with modern gain.

Hmm, I tend to dial the modules in kind of similarly.

I don't tend to cut any high or mid, those are somewhere between 12 and 3 on all modules.
But the modules have different characters so that requires different EQ settings.
For instance I find the Mash-all has a ton more bass than other modules, so that's turned down a bit on that.. while it's way up on the Salvado and XTC.

I think if you do, it's more a coincidence than not.

But on the otherhand I know people who think an amp is utter **** if you have to turn the eq further than 1 "hour" from 12 o clock..
Maybe it's that type of thing, not daring to explore the limits..

Mine are all ialed in differently, but then I am using them for different purposes as well.
Tweed - clean. Sometimes boosted to get a bluesy overdrive tone
SL+ - Rythm going for that 80s metal sound. I do have 1 patch on the Xpression to alter the EQ for a more Megadeth type rythm tone from the SL+
Scary - Lead tone
Grail - Sometimes I run it for a rythm tone, now I just have it dialed back for a cleanish/slightly distorted tone. I'm trying to decide if I like this over the Tweed.