problem inserting module into RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feefop

Reaction score
I just got the RM4 and a plexi module - but it's late and I can't fire it up until tomorrow....anyways, the module is supposed to be flush with the RM4, correct? I'm pushing it in as far as it goes and I still have a gap of a couple of milimeters...

Problem? Or are some modules funky?

thanks

Mine don't always sit absolutely flush & some seem to bow out in the middle when the screws have been done up. I find that pressing them in with my thumbs over & under the Mid pot seems to get the "cleanest" insert.

As long as you felt the contact point "clip" into the slot, you should be fine...

yes, it "clicked" into the slot, so I'll fire it up tomorrow and see how it goes...tx

This is a known problem.
Somewhere along the line Randall changed the design slightly, which is why some modules don't sit flush.
Or at least, that's what I heard.

I just shaved some mm's off the connecting PCB and mine sit flush now :)

Luckily I haven't had a module that required me to do that yet. But I've been thinking about getting a belt sander anyway . . . :)

Yyyyeah, I actually used a piece of pretty rought sandpaper on a block (to keep it straight.
A beltsander is probably a great way to destroy your module unless you're careful ;)
You really need to keep the entire edge straight and even, otherwise the outer contacts might get too short while the inner ones still keep your module from sitting flush.

yeah my 1086 is like that but it screws in snug which grounds it properly and it performs normally so no problem other than if I look at it from above close up I can see a very small gap.

Latest posts