LOOSE KNOBS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motokev

Reaction score
I've had a few knobs that are loose. You can pull the knob right off the core. so, i glued both pieces together. Lets see, i've had FIT and Knob problems on my modules. Maybe, RANDALL should do something...... :shock:

yea i had the same problem with my amp, i want to convert them all over to black chicken head knobs, it would look killer.

Uh, all you have to do is carefully stick a flathead screwdriver in between the prongs and spread/pry them out just a little. Just be very careful so you don't go too far and break the prongs. That procedure easily solved the loose knob problem on my RM50B and my two modules.

I tried that origionally on mine but it did not help, the reason is because the knob has a small around bushing on the inside and once that gets loose the knob just moves arond it, it dosent matter how far the pot is spaced apart.

No, I'm not talking about the whole knob coming off the prong. You have two parts, the BUSHING and outer housing. The outer housing will just spin. so, I used epoxy to glue together, seems to help. Also, I've had modules that don't even fit. The dam TUBE cage is tooooo TALL.
COME ON RANDALL, where's quality control in CHINA :?:

cheap,cheap...cheap,cheap...just like the "sound" that a bird makes as it flies over a K-MART!!! LOL!!! :)

i had the same deal in a couple knobs from my older modules, but as long as the head sounds as great...i dont think it matters. It's not like buying knobs it's comparable to getting NOS mullards....
You can always buy replacements 2.

when i got my ultra xl module i had the same problem with it not fitting, i just had to bend the tube cover in but you would think they would make it so it didnt do that...