D*umble

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoth

Reaction score
So, are there any modded modules that are close to a dumble sound? If not, how are you getting close to the sound with the stock modules?

Thanks.

hoth said:
So, are there any modded modules that are close to a dumble sound? If not, how are you getting close to the sound with the stock modules?

Thanks.
AFAIK, there are currently no mods that are going for that tone.
Although I think I've seen Hyenik post something about having one made ;)

Can't awnser the second question, not a tone I'm after. :)

bduersch said:
Isn't channel A of the Egnater COD supposed to be Dumblish?

--B

+1 ... seems not so touch sensitive as Dumble videos I've seen...but that could be partly due to power circuit of Dumble, partly due to input circuit of Randall...plus the fact I run it with far too much gain :)

m0jo said:
Although I think I've seen Hyenik post something about

Really? I don?t remember :) Maybe "Bumble" idea only, still not reality.
Okstrat showed some teaser, but nothing new from this time

brownhumble.jpg

I solved dumble tone by zendrive clone Koandrive and COD can be good alternative too as same as old boogies (acording for example this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6Td2Rjw7k&feature=related )
Salvation Mods quited dumble idea for now, ?cause was not demand, only hype talks....

If you want some Dumble tones, get a blackface module and put a Jetter GSRed overdrive in front of it.. Or a Zendrive..Or.... Jaded Faith is working on a Dumble mod

I know that this is an old thread, but will any modders take on this task? The Egnater COD sounds very similar to a Dumble, but can't a Randall module compare?

wesarvin said:
I know that this is an old thread, but will any modders take on this task? The Egnater COD sounds very similar to a Dumble, but can't a Randall module compare?

You could try to hit up Rob(Jaded Faith)...He has been know to do some one offs for people....

Jaded Faith said:
I have indeed done a few Dumble-esque one off's and would happily do it again. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

I'd love to hear this...the COD was the only reason I kept any Egnater gear around.....really nothing like it from any other module.

Jaded Faith said:
I have indeed done a few Dumble-esque one off's and would happily do it again. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Which modules can you do it to?

Not directly related to this but:
I do have an Ethos Overdrive which is quite good.
Yep, I waited a year and three months for that one.
Sounds really good in front of the Blackface or Deluxe Module or
my Blues Junior.
Another "Dumble-ish" thing is a trim pot on one leg of the phase inverter
to make the signal to the power tubes more or less symmetric.
That was an on the chassis mod, not on the control panel.
Typical Fender PI resistors are 82K and 100K.

Zen drive and Tweed will get you there. It would be really interesting to hear a demo of the Jaded Faith version. I never cared for the COD much at all. While it certainly was a nice module, there was nothing about it that felt Dumble to me.

Jaded Faith is working on the Dumbledorf! I have owned both Two Rocks and Fuchs ODS amps and have played a few Dumbles. Rob and I will get it right.... The Ethos I had came pretty close to that sound. No other pedal I have heard would really do that tone faithfully.

Rod said:
Rob just told me about a Dumble mod he does to Blackface or Deluxe modules!!!!!

I think I got one of these...its a deluxe module with a switch to change between deluxe/OD and blackface, and the bright switch is now a "spank switch". He told me it is going to be one of his new mods. Glad to be the guinnea pig!

Rob modded an XTC for me back at the start of the year and I asked if he could make it so that i could get some creamy lead settings out of it. He far exceeded my expectations and I can get a Dumblesque tone and so much more out of it but if he releases a module based solely on a Dumble flavor then I guess it's just another Jaded Faith module I'm going to have to get.

Rod said:
.... I have owned 4 Two Rocks, 2 Fuchs ODS amps and have played a few Dumbles. .... The Ethos I had came pretty close to that sound. No other pedal I have heard would do that tone

Rod, did you sell them all after Tag found them too buzzy? :wink:

Oh, and GW has the tab for "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" in it this month. Think how awesome that would sound through a Dumble.

Julia said:
Rod said:
.... I have owned 4 Two Rocks, 2 Fuchs ODS amps and have played a few Dumbles. .... The Ethos I had came pretty close to that sound. No other pedal I have heard would do that tone

Rod, did you sell them all after Tag found them too buzzy? :wink:

Oh, and GW has the tab for "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" in it this month. Think how awesome that would sound through a Dumble.
Wow....It sounds like that doesn't it....TAG is actually a pretty mediocore guitarist and very volital as well...although he does say he's better than Van Halen!!!!... Fortunately, I haven't played Mustang Sally for 30 years......