Any Canadains using the MTS Modules???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Lynch Box owner myself. I'm finding it hard to get the mods in Canada though.
Currently I have the Grail and am waiting for the other three Lynch Mods.
Anyone know where to go?

I have a Tweed and Recto on loan from MCC for now till the other mods come in. Both are pretty cool.

Any Lynch Box owners here?

Khing

Forgot to mention that I'm interested in the XTC, Plexi, SL+, Black Face, and Brown mods... anyone using them?

Khing

hey King,

Im in Ottawa.
Im probably going for the EG mod 50 in about 3 weeks when christmas credit is paid off...
ive played the XTC, SL+, Deluxe the 50 watt head,100watt head and 20 combo.
The XTC is a great module it is very creamy ,organic different than some of the other hi gain stuff. It cleans up when you back of the volume and is great for leads.
The SL+ is very cool BUT if your a Lynch fan and you have the MR SCARY on the way you probably wont need it they are very similar.SL+ is a lil more scooped. Scary is thicker in the Mids, and has more clarity when in hi gain applications. Im sure others will chime in here . Also Bruce and Frank from Egnater are awesome and someone asked the other day if they would do Single channel mods and i think the answer was yes at around 350 or something.
So essentially you could have your own preamp mod do by them .it may be a bit of a wait but a cool option none the less .
CHEERS!!!!

Hey guys, that was me. Frank and Bruce bulit me a couple of single channel modules a little while back. I got an EG3 and a SL. Greats mods. They'll do what ever you need basically. I paid around $300 for them, but you need to ask them what the standard going rate is these days.

Craig,

To my ears the MHG is pretty darn close in sound to my SLO, particularly when using 5881s in my amp. Frank told me that the E-Rect is schematically the closest to the SLO though. Ive also heard John Suhr say that the Recto is basically an SLO preamp circuit with only a couple small changes.

Personally, Ive never heard a Recto sound like an SLO. I have heard my MHG sound alot like my SLO.

-Matt

your best bet is to call the shop.
They will not copy a circuit but they will mod some of thier sounds to get the tone more in the ballpark of what you want

To my ears the MHG is pretty darn close in sound to my SLO, particularly when using 5881s in my amp. Frank told me that the E-Rect is schematically the closest to the SLO though. Ive also heard John Suhr say that the Recto is basically an SLO preamp circuit with only a couple small changes.

Personally, Ive never heard a Recto sound like an SLO. I have heard my MHG sound alot like my SLO.

-Matt

I have the recto and it does not sound at all like a Soldano... it's cool but I don't hear it that way at all. I may check out the E-Rect.

your best bet is to call the shop.
They will not copy a circuit but they will mod some of thier sounds to get the tone more in the ballpark of what you want

I hear ya I will shoot them out an email.... Thanks Guys

Craig

Latest posts