Demo video for the Mark X mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool video.
VERY well made...you could see exactly what every knob does and I soooo appreciatte that.
GtrGeprge

Was that the beginning of March of the SOD my friend haha kudos if it was.

Killer review dude its on my list for sure!

Murderball said:
Was that the beginning of March of the SOD my friend haha kudos if it was.

Killer review dude its on my list for sure!
I thought it was Caught in a Mosh?

Either way, great review of a great sounding module :)

Thanks for the kind words on the vid guys...This module is one that can't be made to sound bad...If you notice through the beginning of the video (of the actual module being played)- the EQ is flat but this thing already sounds HUGE...

As for March of the SOD- yep

Caught in a Mosh - yep

I make these up as I go and just play whatever feels right at the moment- even if it involves songs I really don't know how to play... :D

The mod does sound great but the true excellence is Matt's humor. I nearly lost my coffee at the polka in the gear intro section! :lol:

Kuddos again my friend.

Nice sounding module and, as usual, excellent demo from Mattfig.

Matt - I have a question: I really like the warmth/compression that you use on your vocals/speaking voice when making your demos. What processing did you use when making this demo?

Thanks.

PROS: Killer sounding Mod!!
Very well put together demo video!!!

Kudos to Matt and Jaded Faith!!!

CONS: Now I'm Gassing for something I can't finance right now..... :(

tuna141 said:
Nice sounding module and, as usual, excellent demo from Mattfig.

Matt - I have a question: I really like the warmth/compression that you use on your vocals/speaking voice when making your demos. What processing did you use when making this demo?

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind compliment...I'm still getting comfortable recording spoken word and have overcompressed the last two vids...But anyway, I use a RODE Broadcaster Mic thru a modded DBX286A that has a tube driven addition that warms everything up...Pretty simple really...Compression is 2:1 or 3:1 at most with a high threshold and a low and high enhancement have also been added...

If you want more specs, shoot me a PM and I'll give more details... :)

Why thanks Rheq! How's the Axe FX treating you?

And I could go on for hours about Monsanto and its great evils...But perhaps I'll save those comments for the doom and gloom forums that I tend to frequent.... :lol:

It's treating me really well, brother :) Such an easy, great-sounding rig. Poor Fractal can't keep up with the demand, and people are going a little nuts trying to get ahold of them right now.

I'd still like to get another MTS setup, though, just to have some raw tube action to A/B with. Sounds like Rob is really on his game! Way to go Rob!

A month or so ago I asked the question who does the best Mark IV and the answer was Rob.
It arrived back to me in the mail the other day... Very cool indeed. If you Like Lamb of God here is a link with me doing Blood of the Scribe cover.
I didn't mic the cab and you can hear the picking of the strings a bit but it sounds great none the less
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEmfYn9PCzU

Thanks

Cool vid by the way Matt

Metal Guy said:
A month or so ago I asked the question who does the best Mark IV and the answer was Rob.
It arrived back to me in the mail the other day... Very cool indeed. If you Like Lamb of God here is a link with me doing Blood of the Scribe cover.
I didn't mic the cab and you can hear the picking of the strings a bit but it sounds great none the less
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEmfYn9PCzU

Thanks

Cool vid by the way Matt

Nice right hand! Mine has suffered from not being in a band for a few years and I have learned to respect a quality picking hand. Well done.

I have two JF modules that were done in mid 2009 and they are on the way back to JF for updates. They have both been my go to modules but Rob has told me that the updates are worth it so off they go. I will report my findings when I get them back.

I really need to find another donor module. Like ASAP. I still have 2 I'm saving up for to send to rob, possibly with a 3rd in tow. Both these vids are making me wanna skip one of the others for now, and just get the Mark X.

Metal Guy, how do you like your Dominion? Did you keep the stock '59 in the bridge? My Epi LP has one there and I feel it could use a touch more oomph, but not too much. I kick my self for not getting the Dominion I found used a while back. That oiled neck was comfy.

Latest posts