ULTRA LEAD???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey dudes, finally got to bring my RM100 home from the music shop and I am in love with this amp! They had a limited selection of modules and I managed to make out with an ULTRA, RECTO and BLACK FACE. I love the two but the RECTO aint my cup of tea. I'm looking for a clean/rythym/lead configuration and the RECTO aint gonna cut it for my lead module.

So, tell me about the ULTRA LEAD. How much does it differ from the original. The reason I wanna go with this is because I like "Randall tone." Not Bogner, Mesa or Marshall tone. So give me some opinions and charicteristics of this module.

Thanks!

Yeah, The Recto is average.

haven't tried Ultra Lead, but I have the UltraXL. UltraXL is really great rhythm module and can be a smooth lead with tons of sustain- it has a ridiculous amount of gain. Only problem with it is that it sounds a bit compressed and doesn't cut through the mix of a band easily.

You might also want to try the 1086 (Dan Donegan Signature module). It somehow gets tones ranging from plexi like to rectifier like, very versitile but does have a sound to its own. Cuts through better than the UltraXL One of the Best high gain Randall Modules. (along with the UltraXL )

To me, the Ultra Lead is a very warm, smooth, midrange heavy lead tone. Think Mesa Mark series amps and Carlos Santana lead tones...that's what I get out of it anyway.

It is not an extension of the Ultra module.

goldsparkletop said:
To me, the Ultra Lead is a very warm, smooth, midrange heavy lead tone. Think Mesa Mark series amps and Carlos Santana lead tones...that's what I get out of it anyway.

It is not an extension of the Ultra module.

I'd say he nailed it with this description.