Salvation Mods La Mu?eca custom

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
Hey guys! Here's something new!!

La Mu?eca
24257717477742591011510.jpg

I asked Anthony for a Tweed-based module, with lots of tweakability, and this is the outcome! :D

The Features
It has four 3-position switches:
- Dark/normal/bright
- British/crystal/warm
- Mid shift: Tweed/hollow/fat
- Thick/scoop/thicker
The last two are EQ voicing switches.

EQ-defeat
Another "hidden" feature is in the mid knob.
If you turn this all the way up, the whole EQ (tonestack) is removed from the circuit.
This makes for a great raw tone that you can choose to sculpt later on :) (with an external EQ, or even in your DAW when recording!)
As a byproduct the last two switches then have no effect (since they are in the EQ-circuitry) and there is a volume boost (because the passive EQ always takes away from the signal.

The Tone
Of course, there is an awesome Tweed base tone in there, it has precisely the details I like: the growl without the snirpy high end of marshally module, round bass and light compression so you can really use all those pickup switches.
Then there's the tweakability of this.
As some of you know, I'm crazy for switches, I believe I drive Anthony nuts sometimes with requests/idea's (if so, sorry! ;) )
So Anthony went all out as you can see, and every switch mode is really useful in sculpting the tone.
Sounds I've discovered range from a beautiful full clean (close to a Deluxe) to really snarly crunch (like a plexi, but without the high screech and way more body!).
The overall character is very full, even in scooped modes it still has a nice body to it. :)

The name/design
I asked for a custom faceplate with Spanish names.
This is for personal reasons. Mu?eca means "doll" in Spanish, it is the name of my girlfriend's ferret.
A great little gnarly, growly animal, but not really threatening or aggressive .. so just like a good tweed tone! (oh and a little fat too! :lol: )

Anthony is planning on releasing this as a "standard" modification under a different name, stay tuned!

I'm planning to do some clips soon, what do you want to hear (first), a song or a feature walkthrough?

crankyrayhanky said:
a few SRV/Los Lonely Boy riffs are always welcome on a tweed
I'll see what I can do!
This thing really works very well with a strat! :D
But my blues needs some work haha, sometimes I hit it, sometimes I'm way off ;)

This mod is also very pedal friendly by the way :) It loves anything I throw at it!

Hey Mojo,
Is that ferret fur on the faceplate art? :lol:

Daryl said:
Hey Mojo,
Is that ferret fur on the faceplate art? :lol:
Well .. it's the closest I could find ;)

Chef's secret:
Take one sample of fox fur, add 4 pints of Photoshop and voila!

It's actually pretty close, here's the real Mu?eca:
1000941c.jpg

She's sad because I play with the other one too much! haha

m0jo said:
It's actually pretty close, here's the real Mu?eca:
1000941c.jpg

She's sad because I play with the other one too much! haha
Maybe she'll cheer up when she finds out there is a Salvation module with her name on it. :lol:

Here's a very quick recording of some different sounds:
http://soundcloud.com/joris_grif/m0jo-mu-eca-quicktest/s-7whYq

I'm a bit too busy to do anything more extensive right now, but it shows the range of tones that are possible.

I played this with my Ibanez SV5470, so there are some humbucker tones, some single coil tones, it's all the same guitar!
(it uses a 3 coil pickup design to give full humbucking and full single coils, no splitting :) )

The settings for these samples:
British + Dark + Hollow + Thicker
Warm + Normal + Tweed + Thick
Crystal + Bright + Hollow + Thicker
Bristish + Bright + Hollow + Thick
British + Dark + Hollow + Scoop
British + Normal + Tweed + Thick

Disclaimer:
I just jammed doubletracks etc. without a clicktrack or anything, so it's not real tight ;)

All of those sounded pretty nice. I noticed you didn't list the Fat setting on any of them. Just not enough time to try it out or not really your liking?

Hamner1 said:
All of those sounded pretty nice. I noticed you didn't list the Fat setting on any of them. Just not enough time to try it out or not really your liking?
hmm I didn't notice that.

Honestly, I was just exploring different settings and I missed that one haha
Also my home monitors are a bit boomy, so maybe I skipped over it because of that. Although in combination with other settings it is very good :) (also with a thinner pickup at the input it fills it out nicely)

Thanks for all the kind words!
I hope I have some more time this week for more ;)

That really sounds cool. It's got some versatility too. Parts sound like you are using a really good quality fuzz. That is really a cool mod. :lol:

that module sounds badass man. i love a good tweed tone. never tried one personally but after hearing the clips of this and JF's tweed i can tell that i like it. I think i can add one more amp to my list of favorites...along side the Lonestar and Recto. I'm still evaluating the Krankenstein tone.

Wow, another amazing module from Anthony.

:D

Thanks for the clips!

Hey guys,

Just to share, here's the IR I used for the clip. (and most of my recordings)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7181889/m0jo%20-%20Custom%20IR1.wav

It's a mix of:
- Edge Sneap (guitarhack)
- JJ FRED45-HALF (guitarhack)
- cel_v30_11.5_1.1 (ProjectHamsterdam)
- s-pres5 (Catharsis)
- Sneapsterdam (my earlier mix of Edge Sneap and cel_v30_13_1.1)

Reaper project
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7181889/m0jo%20-%20Custom%20IR1.zip

For those not in the know:
IR = Impulse Response, a technique to measure the response of a poweramp, speaker, mic and room.
You can use this as a poweramp+speaker+mic simulator with your preamp for easy recording.

Edit: FYI: these are all from freely usable IR packs ;)
So have fun with em!